Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SJO Race in Muskegon - 8-28-10

SJO Race in Muskegon - 8-28-10

Wow, my son and I had our first race this past saturday and can I just say that I'm hooked. My boy was a bit nervous but finished all his races and didn't crash once on the 2nd heat. I think he may want to switch to a quad so I'll be looking around for one in the next couple/few months.

I learned a ton! First thing was that a 250 has no place in a race with 450's. I tried my best to keep up and ALMOST did except when there was a straight shot. I was proud to have made some nice jumps (on stock 400ex shocks) and didn't die. The whoops were brutal though

Anyhow, I finished last but never crashed and had a blast! Momma has already given me the go to get a 450r in the spring so I can hang...
    05 Trx 450r
    08 DRR 90
    Thanks to 2013 Sponsors:
    Magos Designs, DWT, Houser Racing, Epic Cam, G4 Graphics, EVS Sports, Hinson and Hygear Suspensions!

Well brother the addiction/disease has begun. Its best treated with long fast rides and big air.
    I think if you come to the Portland Trail rides race on the 12Th you sons head will spin when he sees all of the various minis.
    We had such an awesome weekend at Bay that Im even more pumped about the sport!
    Theres some scores to be settled right at our final round that weekend so this is gonna rock!
    BTW you might find someones ready to go racer for sale this fall as well.

Yeah, this is going to cut into my Harley time...I just know it!

I need to find a buyer for my 250x so I can get a big boy bike. Gotta create some fundage first Momma gave me the go - now I just need the dough!
    05 Trx 450r
    08 DRR 90
    Thanks to 2013 Sponsors:
    Magos Designs, DWT, Houser Racing, Epic Cam, G4 Graphics, EVS Sports, Hinson and Hygear Suspensions!

Well I would get that quad to PTR the race weekend and we have a spot you can chain it up and put it out for sale.
    Some classes race them or build "90 Mods" out of them (85cc dirtbike motors in quad chassis). With the parts youve already out on it Im sure it will sell. Id be more than happy for you to drop it off to me at the track the friday before the races.
    If you had that much fun w/ the 250 w/ 400ex shocks you wouldnt beleive what a 450 w/ good overall suspension does.
    Anyways I dont know your history so you may know all of this.
    BTW the bulldozer @ bay said Belanger excavation or someting like that on it I noticed..popular name all of a sudden?

I can try that but I have an issue...there is a race on Sunday, the 12th that I can enter *or* I can watch the race at PTR...I want to do both, but can't. The race is a day race (practice at 3p and race at 5p) so I'm torn. There are only 3 more races this year that we can run in. Hmmm, choices, choices.

Not sure on the dozer - wishing I knew them cause I sure could use a dozer at my place for a few things!

Do you guys have any rides on this Monday?
    05 Trx 450r
    08 DRR 90
    Thanks to 2013 Sponsors:

Hi-
    I really think you would have alot more fun racing at PTR on the 12th! The tracks are awesome! Im assuming your son would ride the little track which is alot of fun for the kids! There are no steep jumps like at the SJO races. Then you would get to see all the mini quads in action also..there should be alot of them!
    Proud mom to-
    2010 D14 2nd place 70 production
    Wyatt VanDyke #825 drr70
    2011- 90 production

2010 D14 2nd place 50 limited stock
    Brody VanDyke #530 drr50
    2011- 50 production

Is it an AMA Sanctioned event? If so, I don't have an AMA membership yet. If not, what do I need to do to race?

Finally, do I need to be a member of anything to participate?
    05 Trx 450r
    08 DRR 90
    Thanks to 2013 Sponsors:

Yeah you would need an AMA membership($39 or $40) and a D14 membership($15), you can sign up for both right at PTR. I know the AMA one would be good through next Sept. not sure on the D14 one though.
    Proud mom to-
    2010 D14 2nd place 70 production
    Wyatt VanDyke #825 drr70
    2011- 90 production

2010 D14 2nd place 50 limited stock
    Brody VanDyke #530 drr50
    2011- 50 production

Hmm - I may just do that. We'll see.
    05 Trx 450r
    08 DRR 90
    Thanks to 2013 Sponsors:

You can ride the 250x in the Utility class at Portland on the 12th, just thought I would throw that out there.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast