Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got ripped off by a MEMEBER...what do I need to do??

Got ripped off by a MEMEBER (YZ450hybrid)...what do I need to do??

I bought some used nerf bars from a member here on the site. I sent him several emails back and forth about them, and specifically asked him if they come with all of the mounting hardware. He assured me that YES, they will come with all of the mounting hardware.

So..I send him the money, he mails me the nerf bars....and they show up missing ALL of the front mounting hardware (longer front bolts and spacers) and one of the main mounting brackets that attaches to the stock peg mount on the frame of the quad. I've emailed him and PM'd him...and I have yet to hear back from him.

Can a mod contact the member and see what's going on? I could always go back through PayPal and have them pull my payment out of his account, but I would rather try to work out the problem before going that route.

I hate getting ripped off...and I sure feel like I did. I could always order a new mounting kit through AC....but that's $50 that I shouldn't have to spend!

Please PM me if anyone can help me out, or would like to know the member who did this. I saw that he has several items on here for sale. Hopefully I can keep someone else from getting ripped off by this guy.

Unfortunately, Atvriders.com is not liable for any transactions that occur here. As such, the mods usually try to stay out of private dealings. The best thing to do in this situation is leave the individual bad feedback. I would edit the title of this thread to include the member's name. I encourage every member to search the "Trader Feedback" forum before making a transaction. It's a very powerful tool.

Originally posted by Scro
    Unfortunately, Atvriders.com is not liable for any transactions that occur here. As such, the mods usually try to stay out of private dealings. The best thing to do in this situation is leave the individual bad feedback. I would edit the title of this thread to include the member's name. I encourage every member to search the "Trader Feedback" forum before making a transaction. It's a very powerful tool.

Thanks for the info, yes if I don't hear back from the guy by tomorrow I will definitely post up his member ID so everyone can see it. From what I have seen, all the guy (kid) does is buy as sell on this site...and a few others I found him on. Hopefully I'm the only one that as been ripped off by him.

I figure I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and wait another day before I post up his info. The great thing about the internet is that I've already found his real name, address, phone number, facebook page, and other forums he's on.

Hopefully I won't have to use any of that info

***** MEMBER INFO *****

Well, after doing some research it turns out that this guy (YZ450hybrid) has ripped off others in the past, and has got kicked off of some forums, only to join again under a different user ID and rip people off again. He's selling some other stuff on this site...so watch out.

Josh Kopinetz
    Pottsville, PA
    472 E. Bacon St

570-622-11XX (if you want his full phone number, just search on google...it's everywhere)

He's also on some other ATV forums under these user names (310r & JK250r).

Just get on google and search for his other user names, and you can find lots of posts about him ripping people off.

Mods....can you block this guys IP address and get him off of the site??

Here is where he lives...... http://www.bing.com/maps/default.asp...sville%2C%20PA

MODS...can you guys kick him off of the site and block his IP address so he can't keep coming back under a new account and user name and ripping more people off??

It doesn't take much searching on Google to see that this guy has been stealing from people for a long time.....and changes his user name ever few years.

Here is another site where someone posted up something about him and a buddy ripping people off....

http://www.trx450rforum.com/forums/i...showtopic=6336

And if you search his name at this site..you will see that he has a warrant out for his arrest....

http://republicanherald.com/news/pol...ec-11-1.477377

And some more.....

Joshua D. Kopinetz, 23, Pottsville, charged by Patrolman Brian Pyle, Minersville Police, with theft of pickup truck of Harold Callaghan, New Philadelphia; receiving stolen property, carrying a firearm without a license, unauthorize us of automobile, tampering with physical evidence, involving in accident with car of Harold Block in Minersville, driving while operating privileges were suspended, driver required to be licensed and duty to give information and render aid following accident.

Joshua D. Kopinetz, 22, of Pottsville was sentenced to three years of probation after pleading guilty to theft and illegally possessing prescription drugs in Tilden Township.

I don't think he's going to clear his name any time soon

bump

I first read all this and got seriously confused and couldn't believe it. I first thought it was the guy I just recently had a great experience buying from. Then the actual name, address, etc was nothing close to the guy I dealt with. Then it really took some concentration to realize this guys username is almost identical to the guy I dealt with.

Please do not confuse this problem child ( YZ450hybrid ) with the other guy ( Yzhybrid450 ) who is actually great to deal with.
    '88 TRX 250r -- Sparks 265cc*38 A/S* ESR TRX9*ESR*Burgard +2+1 arms, +1stem, Swingarm*Laker plastics*Works Pro Series*LSR*Hinson*ITP GP's*Duncan*Nacs*Pro Taper*Quad Tech*AC Racing*
    http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...180943-1-1.jpg
    -
    '07 TRX450ER S.E
    Venom**Dubach**HRC**FCI**TAG**ITP's**Holeshots**AC Racing**Tusk**

'88 TRX 250R SOLD!!
    http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...1097/quad1.jpg

Are you seriously fu**ing kidding me, i wake up this morning to you posting all kinds of s**t about me over 1 Mount and SOME BOLTS!!!!

How old are you?? 12???

Dude i will gladly give you your full refund or be happy to resolve the issue without you having to get on every website and bad mouth me... GROW UP!!!

I could completely understand if i just ripped you off and did not send you anything at all!!!!

That is not the case, and AGAIN i'm almost positive that I have another mont for pro pegs on a YFZ and bolts OR i will refund you the MONEY.

WOW never thought that someone would make such a big deal over UPS, not even me misplacing something in shipping.

u sound like the one that is 12 years old. u should have responded to his emails and pms in a timely manner and your record shows u are not a good seller.i hope u do take care of this

Originally posted by yz450hybrid
    Are you seriously fu**ing kidding me, i wake up this morning to you posting all kinds of s**t about me over 1 Mount and SOME BOLTS!!!!

How old are you?? 12???

Dude i will gladly give you your full refund or be happy to resolve the issue without you having to get on every website and bad mouth me... GROW UP!!!

I could completely understand if i just ripped you off and did not send you anything at all!!!!

That is not the case, and AGAIN i'm almost positive that I have another mont for pro pegs on a YFZ and bolts OR i will refund you the MONEY.

WOW never thought that someone would make such a big deal over UPS, not even me misplacing something in shipping.
    First off....you have done this before, to lots of people. Your name and email address and multiple user names are all over the internet...attached to posts of people getting ripped off by you.

Second, I have the email from you where you reply " YES, I have all of the mounting hardware for the nerf bars".

And YES...I'm going to complain when the bars are missing the MAIN mount on one side, and all of the FRONT mounting hardware. Are you saying that I'm just lucky that the bars showed up??

This was not a UPS screwup, the packaging was not damaged. ARE you trying to make me believe that the main peg mount removed the bolt that holds itself in, and then jumped out of the packing along with all of the front mounting hardware without making a hole in the package?

If you want to resolve this, send me the stuff you owe me....so I can use the nerf bars! Or call up AC and order the $50 mounting hardware kit and mail it to me.

If you make it right...I will post up on all of the sites that you made it right and it was my mistake. But until then, I'm going to find every FOR SALE post you make, and refer people back to this post about getting ripped off by you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast