Thread: LT80 crank bearing...

LT80 crank bearing...

ok, so how the heck, I basically put it in my grill to get it apart, but even at 400*F the bearing is not wanting to come off... it's so slim between the crank center thing that holds the rod and the bearing I don't even know if I can get a bearing puller in there any good suggestions? we took it apart a few weeks ago, I swapped cases and couldn't get the bearing out even after torching it. so just put it back together. it was hard to start and ran crappy missing like and stuff. changed tops too, so it could be that I suppose, just assumed it was the bearing I torched so I have it apart again and can't get the bearing off AGAIN... my buddy has a bearing pulled so I may try it but I don't think it fits.. I can't even wedge a large flat head screw driver in there to pry at it...

I MAY put the old topend back on as this one is .5over and could be part of the issue.. the other one was all scoured but ran good really, revved out and just screamed... dunno, I want to change the bearing regardless...

edit: I think I'm gonna throw it in the freezer overnight after it cools down...

don't know what else to do. if that doesn't work, I'm taking it to a machine shop and just have them do it... pita pos. can't wait to get rid of this bike lol. no more stupid design of using the motor as the swingarm for me thanks...
    92 LT250r

07 LTR 450

kasea 90 in a trx250r frame, includes full front from hubs/disc to arms ect, works 250r shocks, kasea swinger/backhalf elka rear shock durablue axle...

They can be tough.
    The grill heated the crank as well as the bearing.
    Only heat the bearing after a night in the freezer.
    I've had to use a cutting torch to get one off before.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

huh, ok, I'll try it I suppose. I actually pulled it out of the freezer and nothing. soaked it with PB blaster overnight and nothing lol... well, back to the freezer, to the torch to the machine shop I suppose if that don't work

thanks Jack!
    92 LT250r

07 LTR 450

kasea 90 in a trx250r frame, includes full front from hubs/disc to arms ect, works 250r shocks, kasea swinger/backhalf elka rear shock durablue axle...

bleh, ended up using a mini grinder cut off wheel on a dremel and cut it off in pieces...

gotta pick up some gray honda/yamaha motor seal stuff then heat the side case and put it back together and hope for the best
    92 LT250r

07 LTR 450