Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This sucks bigtime

This sucks bigtime

This sucks.
    It is at one of my favorite places to ride.

Thoughts and prayers to all the people killed, hurt, and their families.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...TtMlQD9HJS6I00

ya i read about that,it really sucks,R.I.P. All....
    XC 08 450r

That does suck and I feel bad for the people killed and injured. This chit is bound to happen when people stand so close to a track with no fences or guard rails when full size trucks and buggies are flying past you with their foot to the floor. I feel bad for the driver, obviously they did not mean to do this and people started throwing rocks at them? WTF?
    05 YFZ
    Custom Axis, Ars-Fx, Hiper, Rekluse, Pro-tec Skids.... Nuff Said!

OXC #317 B-Class

I don't think anyone's surprised and it's crazy to see that it's taken this long for something like this to happen. It's sad indeed, but there are countless videos on the web showing people running across the course in front of the trucks, standing in a crowd on/near the course and moving aside AS trucks are coming, and just plain standing 1 foot away from trucks doing 100mph through terrain a regular truck couldn't even cross.

I can't believe the spectators were pissed at the driver. Anyone with a grain of common sense knows not to stand next to things that are traveling at 100mph through rocky desert.

The worst part is that people gather around at the most dangerous parts of the track to watch crashes and insane jumps happen. They never watch from safe distances or stay at the safer/smoother sections of the race.

I feel bad for all those who were injured and killed, but they really have no one to blame but themselves.

I wonder if this will strike up some new rules for spectators. You can't exactly put a fence up along the entire course so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JTJey1B3jY

Is anyone surprised this happened? A bunch of idiots standing feet from the trucks. The articles says they were 10 feet away from the track. These people are obviously close enough to reach out and smack the truck as it flys by.
    05 YFZ
    Custom Axis, Ars-Fx, Hiper, Rekluse, Pro-tec Skids.... Nuff Said!

OXC #317 B-Class

EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Notice how they all gather round the area where the trucks jump slightly downhill. It is NO fault of the driver that people were injured/killed. Yes, he crashed. THAT'S DESERT RACING. Trucks crash all the time.

You can even hear someone telling people to get off the track when the morons all run into the middle of the road to look at the crash.

I will be furious if the driver is punished in any way because of this.

crashes are part of racing yes there should be rules about people shouldn't stand so close to the track but i also think alot of the crowd doesn't have commom sense there is no way i would stand anywhere close to the edge without somethin between me and the trucks, anything can happen in a flash so you always got to think about though.. very sad story prayers sent for the fams.
    08 ltr450 le cherry bomb, uni,Full Duncan exhaust,pro tapper,rock nerfs,motorsport bumper

01 440ex Girlfriends bike , +2+1 a-arms, uni filter, chm slip on,white bros header ac bumper, 440 kit 12:1, hd head studs, nerfs,rad lock nut,westcost carrier,450r carb,stage 2 hot cam, eca break block off, 450r swing arm,450r rear brake set up,tcs revalved rear shock

it is terrible for the victims and the sport!!! its accidents like this that close riding areas and stop production and building of certain off road vehicles

That is just awful. My prayers go out to the victims friends and family, also to the driver and his friends and family.
    go big or go home!

There are rules posted for the spectators on how close they can be to the track. But these half wits never follow them.

My thought are for the driver. He will live with this the rest of his life and think about it daily. As a racer we are willing to break bones, possibly die and go through the expense to do what we love to do. Killing someone while doing it doesnt fit into the equation and is a price not many could pay.
    Aaron
    FourPlayFilms.org
    Twitter: FourPlayFilms

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast