Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This sucks bigtime

Originally posted by Ichoptop
    There are rules posted for the spectators on how close they can be to the track. But these half wits never follow them.

My thought are for the driver. He will live with this the rest of his life and think about it daily. As a racer we are willing to break bones, possibly die and go through the expense to do what we love to do. Killing someone while doing it doesnt fit into the equation and is a price not many could pay.
    Very true and well said.
    It has been reported that when the driver tried to help some of those who were hurt, The crowd became angry with him, and started throwing rocks at him.
    He was forced to flee the area for his own saftey.
    This coming from the same idiots who have also been reported as trying to touch some of the trucks as they raced by.

crashes are part of racing. and in a high speed off road setting things can happen in a flash. i feel sorry for the driver and familys of the injured and deceased. but it all goes back to common sense
    2006 450ER black.HRC,Acerbis,Pro-Taper,Pro-Armour,DG,K&N,Pro-moto intake,ITP,Tusk,Skat-Trak,Maxxis,Dunlop..to many tires
    2002 cr250 FMF turbine core 2+Gnarly,Uni/Maxima,Steahly FWW,Works Connection rad braces,Cycra pro-bends,Plastic bash plate
    2000 XR50 TAG,Red Baron,TB
    400ex,400ex,500 Rubicon.
    BLOOD, SWEAT, AND GEARS

thoughts and prayers to the killed and injured and also to the driver who was not at fault in my eyes....You can't stand on a train track then throw rocks at the engineer when he hits somone

well put IChopTop
    01 Raptor 686R
    lonestar +3a-arms- +2 swinger/ axcaliber+3/ elka's
    hmf full system-K&N filters
    GYTR full skids-shift lever- brake lever
    yukon tranny-one way starter bearing
    686 wiseco
    cam, oil, speed limiter mods
    3 spark plug head, high vilocity ported, stage 3 cam, maier plastics, gusseted PC'd frame,
    05 Ram reg cab short box
    and a shed full of other toys

Originally posted by tri5ron
    Very true and well said.
    It has been reported that when the driver tried to help some of those who were hurt, The crowd became angry with him, and started throwing rocks at him.
    He was forced to flee the area for his own saftey.
    I heard this also, heard it came from a news channel that covered the story. I heard from numerous sources that it was UNTRUE, one of those sources was the highway patrol.

Prayers go to the families of the victims, especially the driver. As Ichoptop said, he has to live with this for the rest of his life, and he is not to blame. I have been around desert racing for half my life, and would never be anywhere near a live course.

Doug
    2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
    (BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2013 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Dirttricks.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
    2005 TRX450R
    1986 TRX250R

This was a huge tragedy and my thoughts and prayers go to both the driver and spectators. I also think it’s crazy to stand so close to the track, but I herd on a news report that there is a rule for the racers that if they are within 50 feet from the spectators that it was considered to be like a yellow caution and they were to slow to 15 mph and there was no passing during a caution, or until they cleared the spectators.

But I have also seen reports and video about desert racing how spectators will dig out and alter the jumps so when they come by thinking it’s a small jump they crash and the whole crowd cheers and celebrates while the driver gets hurt and destroys his machine. I’m not saying that’s the case here but I can’t understand what these people are thinking.

RIP to all those killed.
    Slightly Bent Racing # 47
    400ex with some stuff
    You shouldn't be concentrating on how fast your bike is.
    You should be concentrating on how well you can ride it.
    Never ride over your skill level and Never ride over the abilities of your machine.

update

go big or go home!

my sympathies go out to all for such a bad event taking place. thus starts another tree hugger rebellion on sports because of careless spectators not following the rules. now we as a group of outdoor enthusiasts have to fight back against them to keep the sports we love. sad to see such a story unfold. steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

Could this POSSIBLY be ? ! ???
    The BLM is using their heads to think ???
    I'm shocked!!!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...dly-crash.html

Blm's official statement....

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medial...nsonValley.pdf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12