Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hitch mounted Single ATV Carrier Advise Please

Hitch mounted Single ATV Carrier Advise Please

Update: Here is a link to the Full Review i did on the VersaHaul VH-90 Thanks again for all the feedback

Full Review VersaHaul VH-90

Going to post this in a couple of areas since i searched and found not one post related to them Looking for something to drag my new baby around in and was thinking of either the

Versahaul VH90

or

Tilt-A-Rack 700ARV

I can find no reviews or home videos on either of them which could be good or bad. anyone out there used them and have any feedback/tips/cautions/etc? I think I'm going to be rite at 49 inches wide front and rear with a little play in the front if i pick up on the suspension. I am still waiting on a call from versahaul to see if there's even goes wide enough and it seems the tilt a rack one has enough but its more expensive. The other option is to get a cheap trailer but that will take up more room and i only will have a one car garage to store my Jeep Grand Cherokee, Quad and what ever i get to transport it so space is definitely a consideration. Thanks in advance for any feedback.Full Review VersaHaul VH-90
    Attached Images Attached Images
    87 Honda 250X (SOLD)
    02 Honda 400EX (SOLD)

03 Cannondale 432

"What We Lack In Brains, We Make Up For In Altitude."

"Ride Safe, Ride Forever."
    Thanks JJ

the other option

here is the other one i was looking at
    Attached Images Attached Images
    87 Honda 250X (SOLD)
    02 Honda 400EX (SOLD)

03 Cannondale 432

Thanks JJ

You would be better off just putting it in the back of the truck.
    Or if you have a SUV you would do better with a small trailer, having that much weight hanging on the back like that would be hard on the suspension. You got to remember that your quad weighs around 400 - 450 lbs. Not to mention that going over dips in driveways and rail road tracks you might drag the rack on the ground. Then the cops may get you for an obstructed license plate. As you can tell by now I wouldn’t go that rout. JMO
    Slightly Bent Racing # 47
    400ex with some stuff
    You shouldn't be concentrating on how fast your bike is.
    You should be concentrating on how well you can ride it.
    Never ride over your skill level and Never ride over the abilities of your machine.

I agree. That's a lot of weight to be hanging that far off the back of a truck. The only way I'd be comfortable with that is if the truck is a 1 ton.
    2006 LTR 450

Come check out Breezewood Proving Grounds!!

Special Thanks:
    Eck's Dirt Work
    World of Wheels
    Buchanan Racing
    PR2 Suspension

This guy made his own. There's no way I would haul anything like this, that I didn't want to see flipping down the interstate in my mirrors.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/trailer...railer-1000215

This trailer is about half the cost of the Versahaul VH90. Just throw a wood deck on this and you're golden. It'll pull your quad and gas cans and is far less stress on your vehicle. Those ATV racks just don't look like a good idea to me.

good responses

thank you for the tips all please keep them coming i still have not decided which way to go but these replies are leaning me the other direction. Is there anyone that is using these for sport quads that can say if they hold up?

Thanks for the link Guy400 thats cheaper then any trailer i have found so far. is that the one you use?

oh and Scro.......... HOLY $%^% that's crazy lol i will give it to him for being creative but yea i wouldn't go down the road with that rig either.

not sure what two dirt bikes weigh but if it is close to one quad, the dealer says he sells the two bike ones a lot and has never seen or heard any complaints.
    87 Honda 250X (SOLD)
    02 Honda 400EX (SOLD)

03 Cannondale 432

Thanks JJ

That's not the one I use now but did about 15+ years ago except we cut it, lengthened it and widened it. I can tell you that it held a Quadracer and 2 230 Quadsports for a ton of riding trips. The trailer I have now is a pop-up camper frame that someone wanted to just throw away because one of the wheel bearings seized. I bought a 2000lb. axle assembly from Tractor Supply and just put a 3/4" deck on it. I probably only have $300 into this trailer and it's about 7' wide and almost 9' long.

that is the dumbest thing made. why would you put all that money in a quad and let it hang off the back of ur truck when a truck is for hauling it. I seen a guy at a national hauling his ltr like that and the bed of his truck was basically empty except a cooler and gear bag. To me a cooler and gear is cheaper to replace if it falls off the back. Also gotta think about retards that rear end ppl. Itd also be easier for someone to theive it if left like that overnight or something

I would trust it, if they came with an insurance clam that said if my carrier breaks i will replace your quad. but the day i look back and my quad is doing cartwheels at 70mph down the interstate is the day someone is getting a foot shoved up their john brown hind parts
    CFRacing

Hunter Haswell #20

Aston Haswell #22

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast