Thread: Old plastics Renewal thread?

Hybrid View

Old plastics Renewal thread?

I remember a long time ago somebody had posted a how to, on restoring plastics. I have searched and can't seem to find it. Can i get some help?
    2000 Honda TRX400EX ( MX Setup )
    2006 Suzuki LTR450 ( Stock )
    1986 Suzuki LT-250R ( Stock )
    2001 Kawasaki KX250 ( MX Setup )
    2004 Kawasaki KX85 ( Playin Bike )
    199? Yamaha PW80 ( Pit Bike )
    2003 Polaris Trail Boss 330
    1996 Kawasaki Bayou 220

Proud owner of more than 38 internal combustion engines!!!

Support our troops and we will support you!!! HOOAH!!!

Assist, Protect, Defend!!! Military Police!!

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthre...=plastic+renew

http://www.atvriders.com/reviews/renew.html

it doesnt sound like it works too well, i would be finding something different to do with it. lol. maybe some floor wax or something. armor all and steel wool or something. steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

The first link is great but the second doesn't work. Thanks for giving us this because I have been looking into renewing my old scratched up body (on my atv =)
    2000 400ex
    Wiseco 426 kit 11:1
    Stage 2 Hotcam
    LRD Pro 4 Series Exhaust (Slip-On with ported and polished headers)
    Stock carb, 172 main, 42 pilot, 3rd clip
    UNI Air Filter
    Primary Drive 14/38
    D.I.D. ATV X-Ring Chain
    ITP Holeshot GNCC
    EBC Brakes
    Port and Polish Job

DO NOT USE A HEAT GUN, forget who told me but they said to hit it with a heat gun till it smoothed out. my results are a really jacked up front fender and the same amount of scratches. (didnt help make it shine either)
    2005 400EX
    99-04 plastic, 155 main jet, 42 pilot jet, HMF Sport Series Slip-On, UNI air filter, LSR PB Block off plate, TAG bars, AC nerf bars, 15/39 gearing, CST Ambush rears, stock Ohtsu fronts

1973 Yamaha DT360A Enduro
    hooker headers/expansion chamber no other pipe

98% of the teenage population does, will try or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

That plastic renew crud doesnt work imho unless your plastics are very mildly scratched.

Originally posted by MidnightBlade
    DO NOT USE A HEAT GUN, forget who told me but they said to hit it with a heat gun till it smoothed out. my results are a really jacked up front fender and the same amount of scratches. (didnt help make it shine either)
    x2. Use a torch instead and just brush over the surface quickly at about 8" away. You'll get the hang of it quickly. I just did it to mine recently and got shine back in the dull spots. Make sure the surface is totally clean too. I did use the heat gun to melt part of the front edge of my fender though. I had a deep gouge and melted plastic together and used a putty knife to try and get it as smooth as possible while heating. I then sanded it down smoother and smoother with finer sandpaper each time then hit it with the torch. You can't even tell there was a scratch on it. If you get spots overheated that you don't want they will obviously melt and sag. Do this at your own risk.
    2002 Honda TRX416EX * 11:1 Wiseco piston * Stage 1 Hot Cam * Dual rate Stadium shocks rebuilt by Jet Suspension * Rebuilt Stadium rear rebuilt by GT Thunder w/ XC rear link * ATV Four Play Soft Bars II * White Brothers R4 exhaust * Uni filter w/ Outewears box cover * AC Pro Peg nerfs & bumper * Full custom aluminum skid plate * Gripper seat * CCP stabilizer *SPAL fan cooled * Hipers & GBC X-Rex on all 4 corners

2007 Xtreme Typhoon 125 (140 on deck)

Originally posted by 00426ex
    The first link is great but the second doesn't work. Thanks for giving us this because I have been looking into renewing my old scratched up body (on my atv =)
    my bad, i just copied it and listed it again in this one from another one that i looked through. i didnt actually try it out. steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=pledge

doesnt take the scratches out..but it sure makes the plastics shiny!
    2006 Racers Edge Built 450r