Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Redbud

Magos,

Do you know a Jim Belanger? He lived in Portland over 10 years ago now. I used to work with Jim. He was originally from Alpena.
    My name is Chad (aka Magna007). Where abouts in the Portland area are you living? North, south, east, west?

Good talkin to ya.

Chad
    #52 Jeremy
    #25 Me

Nope, but funny you say that because I hear I have family in Alpena and Roscommon. We (or my parents) aren't close with any other Belangers so who knows!?

Good to meet you Chad - I'm on the river on the north side off Divine. How about you?
    05 Trx 450r
    08 DRR 90
    Thanks to 2013 Sponsors:
    Magos Designs, DWT, Houser Racing, Epic Cam, G4 Graphics, EVS Sports, Hinson and Hygear Suspensions!

Too funny.

I live about 5 miles north of town, out Divine Hwy as well. Just north of the golf course.

See ya at the track hopefully.

Chad
    #52 Jeremy
    #25 Me

You wouldnt happen to be down by Electric Park are you? Id be right up the road if you are.
    #52 Jeremy
    #25 Me

No I'm on Maynard on the riverside just west of there. I do know the area you're at though - drive by it all the time! Small world huh?
    05 Trx 450r
    08 DRR 90
    Thanks to 2013 Sponsors:
    Magos Designs, DWT, Houser Racing, Epic Cam, G4 Graphics, EVS Sports, Hinson and Hygear Suspensions!

Well I sure don't wanna overstate it but I think you will see how small a world it is when you see one of our events. Good thing you found this forum, were all around.
    Hey Chad you gonna b at Bay? I'm loading up as we speek. Were heading out tomorrow morning. Everyone says Bay is a great track. I'm sure looking forward to racin w transponders.

So where is this Bay race at?

Yes a friend of mine has a sweet 400ex and his son has a nice 300ex. We have been friends forever and he turned me on to the quad world and this forum. A mutual friend of ours is the one I bought this quad from. This is going to be fun for sure!

Any good ideas on quads for my 7 yr old? I think he may be more interested in that, but I'd need to have him test one out first.
    05 Trx 450r
    08 DRR 90
    Thanks to 2013 Sponsors:

Well I can tell ya w no question a DRX70 would be the ticket or perhaps a 50 that is simple to convert when 70 time comes. My 7 yo has a 50 and my 9 yo has a 70.
    Bay is in Kingsley,Mi. We have a double header weekend this sat and sun. This will be my first trip to this track and can tell ya that everyone says is the coolest track. There's gonna b alot of us there. There's a couple poeple gonna be selling their racers this fall due to there kids changing classes next season so ya might pull off a good deal. I know of a BUILT DRX70 for sale right now for a very cheap price.
    Anyways lol, wether you decided to try Bay or we see ya at PTR you'll get a good idea of the different offerings for your son.
    What are you riding...what class ya think?

Good deal! Well, where would I find one of those quads for my boy? I may do the 70 because he'll be 8 in October. If I can't buy used, I may look new - who knows.

I ride a 250x and I've never raced but feel I can ride ok. Not sure what class but it's going to be a beginner for now until I figure out where I need to go. I'm 36, so the 30 + class may be ok too. Honestly, I really have no clue. I'm a newbie
    05 Trx 450r
    08 DRR 90
    Thanks to 2013 Sponsors:

Pretty sure you would wanna race the c class as the 30 plus "vet" class has a few "experianced" guys runnin in it. C is considered a beginner class.
    As far as getting a DRR goes there's a local guy named Bill Hicks who can hook you up or else there's some site sponsors here such as G-force powersports. Go to the "DRR" thread under "mine atvs 90cc and under" category and you'll learn alot. There are alot of other options but MOST of us have had GREAT luck with DRR\DRX quads. I'm getting excited thinkin bout it lol.
    Were loading up and hittin the road tomorrow mornin.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast