Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Local honda shop screwed me

Hybrid View

Local honda shop screwed me

My local honda shop ordered the wrong freaking gasket for my hotcam install, they just gave me the regular head gasket instead of the head COVER gasket. looks like the cam install is gonna be put on hold yet again.

Is yours really that bad?

Yeah its pretty bad. Some of the guys that work in there are cool but for the most part its just dumb kids who search parts on a computer, so they think they know there stuff. They also sold a friend of mine a brand new 700xx that ran pretty bad right from the get go. He had to take it back twice before they fixxed it right.

I see your from PA what part of PA u from??
    2002 426ex
    white bros. r4 pipe, k&n filter w/outerwares and No lid, wiseco 11:1 426 , kibble white valves, stage 2 cam , 450r carb , +3 timing key , Lonestar +1 1/4 chromed swingarm, g-force +4 axle, Houser silcast +2 ST arms, 450r shocks with works zps triple rate springs , Hiper tech 3 beadlocks (with orange rings soon to be black), maier silver racecut plastic with a QT CF hood
    (work in progress)(NOW PARTING OUT)

03 CRF450r
    (totaled and parting out)
    Now the new toy
    84 Chevy shortbed K10
    7in lift (4 suspension and 3 body)
    35in tires
    350 4spd
    (another work in progress)

westmoreland county

o ok ive had to local shop order wrong parts before, ya it sux but it happens to everyone sometimes
    2002 426ex
    white bros. r4 pipe, k&n filter w/outerwares and No lid, wiseco 11:1 426 , kibble white valves, stage 2 cam , 450r carb , +3 timing key , Lonestar +1 1/4 chromed swingarm, g-force +4 axle, Houser silcast +2 ST arms, 450r shocks with works zps triple rate springs , Hiper tech 3 beadlocks (with orange rings soon to be black), maier silver racecut plastic with a QT CF hood
    (work in progress)(NOW PARTING OUT)

03 CRF450r
    (totaled and parting out)
    Now the new toy
    84 Chevy shortbed K10
    7in lift (4 suspension and 3 body)
    35in tires
    350 4spd
    (another work in progress)

Yea man after the backstory i totally feel for ya. Buddy of mine ordered the timing chain tensioner-or so he thought. he got the actual guide not the spring loaded pc.

I always order online, I lookup the part myself to be sure.

Originally posted by CJM
    Yea man after the backstory i totally feel for ya. Buddy of mine ordered the timing chain tensioner-or so he thought. he got the actual guide not the spring loaded pc.

I always order online, I lookup the part myself to be sure.
    Yeah I always order things like this online. I dunno why I didnt this time but o well things happen I guess. I was just really looking forward to getting this cam in and seeing how well it keeps up with my buddies 700xx.

yea thats the very reason I quit going to the dealer they could care less if they get the right part , Im sure the owner cares but the dead heads behind the counter that are texting or talking to their boy friends pretending not to see you makes me sick. If they finally decide to punch a couple buttons and order your part (which they will get wrong the first time) when it finally shows up they never bother to call you ,you have to call them 2 weeks later they dont know what your talking about you go down there straighten it all out then they have the nerve to say " come back if you need something else" ,think ill stick to the internet

When I was installing my Stage 1 hot cams, I stopped by my Honda dealer and checked the price on a head cover gasket. Got home and did a search online and found a whole top end gasket kit on rockymountainatvmc.com for the same price as they wanted at the Honda dealer for that one stupid gasket. I didn't really need the other gaskets except for the head cover but I still got the kit from rockymountain. I figured what the heck if I ever need valve seals or the other stuff in that kit, I will have them.
    04' 400EX
    White Bros. E2
    FMF Hi Flo Headers
    DynoJet Kit
    K&N Filter
    Hot Cams Stage1
    EHS Racing Air Box Lid
    DG Fat Series Nerfs
    Pro Armor Swing Arm Skid Plate
    Pro Taper Bars
    Maxxis Razr's on Douglas Wheels
    Pro Armor Foot Peg Maxi-Mizers