Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intake relocator

Hybrid View

Intake relocator

I need to do something about my sons air filter getting soaked every race. The track we run at always has standing water and my son can't make it a whole day with out it getting water logged and dieing. We ran the 2 liter bottle trick last race and seemed to help but I would like a better fix any ideas or products that you like or tried please feel free to share with me. Oh yea I have a 24mm pwk on one and a PE 20mm on the other. Thanks Lewis

I like these best.
    You can use the Hetrick relocator kit.

http://www.hetrickracing.com/youthqu...ke_2stroke.htm

Or if you have done away with the battery and oiltank you can use the Apex relocator kit.

http://www.g-forcepowersports.com/airboxkits.html

Stein A
    Wiik Hansen Racing
    2011 Apex 250 F
    2013 Yamaha Raptor 250R
    2008 Apex MXR Polini BB Evo
    2007 Honda TRX 450R My Ride

we run thru water alot too,we use a outerwears and then run a 4'' dryer flex duct over the filter and cable tied around body of carb and run it up underneath the headlight it's cheap and works well, my .02

We have also done the dryer hose only we used a 5"hose and no Outwear just a well oiled dubble layer Uni filter,by doing it this way we did not have to rejet the carb,but in most cases when you relocate the airfilter you will need to rejet.

Stein A
    Wiik Hansen Racing
    2011 Apex 250 F
    2013 Yamaha Raptor 250R
    2008 Apex MXR Polini BB Evo
    2007 Honda TRX 450R My Ride

carb tuning

I like the idea of the dry vent tube but how do you adjust the carb with the tube on? That was a big problem with the 2 liter bottle.

clip the one zip tie and slide hose off filter and adjust as needed ,the hose doesnt change the jetting needs. i prefer this method as everything can remain unmodified! and we only use the estart the kicker is laying in the toolbox

air filter

thanks guys i've been having the same problem with my 50 don't seem to have it with the 70. i wanted to get the hetrick relocator but according to the info it only works on 28mm carbs. i was looking mine over last week to see if there was anything i could do, now i will try the dryer vent. the way i see it is if you keep the air filter clamped directly to the carb, you shouldn't have to rejet. i would only use it when it is wet.
    David Fairchild #521 2012 (50 production & 70 production)
    Daniel Fairchild #807 2012 (90 mod)

David 2011 D14 50 Limited Champion
    Daniel 2011 D14 70 Prod. 2nd place

Thanks to Fierce Powersports!!

intake relocator

i have the intake relocator set up for a 24mm that ill sell for 75 shipped. nothing wrong just running mx so i dont use it.

We have found a new air filter for the minis that has a cage inside for support and accepts a bolt at the end to secure a plastic end cap

Now if you take a plastic container and make a small hole in the end you can secure it to the air filter.

This still gives you a couple of inches of outer diamtere around the filter to pull air

The container covers all of the filter and part of the intake neck..

I am considering a custom outerwear shaped like a (donut or circle) that will allow the neck to go through and also be also be able to fit the outside edge of the container ( to help reduce splash issues or you can use the blue horse hair type air filter material which flows great but seems to reduce splash impacts greatly.

Travis Wotring uses a similar set up and his quads are wicked fast so I don't expect any performance issues.

If we can make sure it works as expected then we can look at ways to make it prettier...right now function is the most important feature
    G-Force Powersports

OEM & Aftermarket Parts
    DRR/Apex Authorized Dealer

Shop Online 24 Hrs a Day!!
    www.g-forcepowersports.com

TEAM G-FORCE---Join Today!!
    www.gforceriders.com

gforceatvs@gmail.com

2011 Team Product
    Mach 1 R/T Exhausts

Air filter

Do they hold up better then the uni's I ripped another one this weekend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast