Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buy American!!

i support unions and i'm glad you posted this. everybody talk about the $20 hour wages but look at prices of polaris. how many south of the border people buy these polaris????

My union cut my pay. Unions are not worth ****. They protect the lazy who don't want to work.
    laeger 250rx

Originally posted by mx8
    My union cut my pay. Unions are not worth ****. They protect the lazy who don't want to work.

thats kind of a broad statement don't ya think. not all unions are bad. my company screws with people all the time and i'm glad we have a union to fight to keep our jobs.

mx8 your union cut your pay ?? don't you have collective bargaining where you get to vote on a contract ?? if you do,then it was the body that voted on this pay cut,not the '' UNION '' even though they are sitting pretty in D.C. right now while the rest of us wonder where the next job will be but that's another story ......

Originally posted by coryatver

Not reading all this.... but if a buisness does whats best for them, shouldn't they try and get some brownie points with their biggest customer?

As sad as it is, most companies are moving from the US.... So what if a guy wants what he does to work.... That's our standard of living... That's what the guy needs to get by now a days what with all the taxxes and such... plus the boys in gov't are pinning everyone down in the US with ridiculous taxxes and such.... (including the factories...)

I'll be happy to Buy American, when Yamaha finally builds a sporty SxS at their facility here in the US. Until then, Polaris can keep their stuff.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many.

harley davidson is made in american too, but you'll still see me on my Honda streetbike 9 times out of ten. You couldn't pay me to buy a polaris ATV, they're junk.

unions are absolutely the most inefficient way to run a good economy. You've got union labor which is usually good, but any person trying to run a legitimate competing business of their own gets shunned and ruined by union. Unions are terrible. They offer great training, but the efficiency is poor. I am forced to hire union work quite often at my job. I will take estimates from several contractors at a time, most are union. I can't tell you how many times i've tried to hire a non union company because their estimate was more fair and they tell me "sorry we can't work there, that's a union area and they'll bust out our windows and trash our job site if we work on that building". Like come on!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12