Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy American!!

Buy American!!

Polaris to unload plant in Wisconsin
    About 500 Osceola workers will lose jobs to south of border.

Screw Polaris! Buy an Arctic Cat!

Re: Buy American!!

Originally posted by drchoicey

and arctic cat engines are made in japan. who cares. Company's have to do what they have to do.

You are exactly Wrong about that. The new Arctic Cat 700
    and 950 were designed and built in the USA!
    "Company's have to do what they have to do."?!?!
    I guess your dad still HAS a job

AC atv engines are made usa but arctic cat snowmobile engines wont be made in the usa until 2014 at there st cloud facility right now they are made by suzuki. Polaris snowmobile motors are made in the usa, and also there victory motorcycles are still made in the USA so it is no different.

Most US workers demand full benifits and 20 dollars an hour to bolt a part on if not they would rather just sit at home and smoke weed, get drunk and watch opera and get a check. If you want to work and don't mind doing some hard work there are jobs out there. Mexicans will work for minimum wage every day of the week for 12 hours a day and are happy to have a job. This is 2010 the world is flat. Sorry my daddy doesn't buy my toys but I do have a job

Everyone blames the worker making $20 an hour. How come nobody ever mentions how much the upper management /ceo makes?
    Let off for a second, and that's what place you'll come in.

Coryatver,
    Why do you hate your own country and co-workers so much?

"Most US workers demand full 'benifits' and 20 dollars an hour"
    So it's wrong to make a decent wage and have benefits?

"smoke weed, get drunk and watch opera"
    What!?!?

"If you want to work and don't mind doing some hard work there are jobs out there"
    9.8 % of the country would disagree with this statement right now

"Mexicans will work for minimum wage every day of the week for 12 hours a day and are happy to have a job."
    That is true and I admire them for that. But you wouldn't want to live there and neither do they.

sorry i am just angry.
    I see Help wanted ads in business windows all over, and help wanted in the classifieds. Some people just do not want to take a job that isn't good enough for them or take a pay cut from what they used to make.

There are also many high paying jobs just people are not qualified to do them. People go to college for some bs major and party for 4 years and don't know why they can't find a decent job lol. Go for engineering or something like that there are lots of jobs available there actually are not enough qualified people to fill them.

And it ticks me off people blaming Companies for moving factories to other countries. They are a business. They have to do whats best for there company and keep it competitive. It is more cost effective to build atvs or say cars in mexico than right here. Why is that?? Why do Japanese Car companies make Cars in the USA but US companies make them somewhere else? Part of it is the laws of our country that make them have to do this and maybe they can't find a labor force here that will work hard for what they have to pay? I really don't know but something is messed up.

Just don't blame it on the company what they supposed to do keep there factory here and run themselves out of business?

Re: Buy American!!

That's just idiotic and uneducated. Those jobs are going to Iowa and Minnesota.

The new mex plant is intended for keeping up with overseas sales. Don't be mad with Polaris because WI is a horrible place to do business.

Coryatver,
    Why do you hate your own country and co-workers so much?

As far as I can tell Corey loves America like I do and is tired of lazy idiots ruining our workforce with ridiculous demands. Unions will treat unskilled positions like skilled and then wonder why assembly plants leave the country. Installing a bolt is the same as building a big mac and should not warrant a dime more in pay.
    '00 Honda XR400R - The classic
    '05 Polaris Predator 500 - The 450 killer - FOR SALE
    '04 Honda Recon - The yard machine
    '05 Honda 500 Foreman 4X4 ES - The plow

Ridiculous demands won't happen for a while. With the economy like it is, employers are calling the shots now, not the employees. And TRXRacer is right,Wisconsin is taxing and driving business right out of the state. Yet the state still complains of a defecit.
    Let off for a second, and that's what place you'll come in.

"That's just idiotic and uneducated."

Thanks for the personal attack

"Those jobs are going to Iowa and Minnesota. "

Polaris to close Osceola plant
    By The Associated Press

Osceola - Polaris Industries Inc. says it will shut down it plant in the western Wisconsin city of Osceola.

KARE-TV reports that police were outside the plant when officials announced the closure Thursday.

The Medina, Minn.-based maker of snowmobiles, ATVs and Victory motorcycles says it's moving many of the operations to a new facility in the Monterrey-Saltillo area of Mexico.

Since you were wrong do I get to call you names now?

Please, both of you, NEVERMIND.
    I wanted to alert everybody to what I thought was a bad thing.
    I thought maybe we could start a letter campaign or something.
    I never dreamed that some people would actually SUPPORT
    throwing Americans out of work to save a few bucks.
    Amazing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast