Thread: Yamoto 110 has no power to anything!!!!

Unhappy Yamoto 110 has no power to anything!!!!

i receently bought a Yamoto (china Make) 110cc Atv. it was running fine and i noticed two wires were unplugged under the seat by the battery, i plugged them i and it began to smoke. i immediately unplugged it. What the two plugs went to i have no idea..but i found out they dont go together...now i have NO power to anything. no dash, no start, absolutely nothing. I replaced the CDI Box, and still nothing. I also tried jumping the solenoid, and nothing. I checked the fuse and it is good. I need some help!! !

90% of the time those chinese atvs have scooter motors in them with all scooter parts connected.

I would say you fried some part of the wire harness, worst case scenario, go to the junk yard, look for a scooter with the same type of motor, get a new wire harness and any extra parts you can find to fix the problem...anything you can pull basically.

Before you do that! try to get a volt meter on there with someone that knows how to use it, test all the wires till you find where your losing connectivity, then replace those wires that are fried, if it still doesnt work, you may have bigger issues.

Try the volt meter or multi meter first, also any electrical that fried will smell like burnt wire, it could lead you to a stator, coil, recitifier...etc.

Be careful when changing rev boxs, they may have the same plug but will have totally different timing curves, some scooter cdi's will fit my 400ex, but wont even allow it to rev up do to timing curves.

If you find a scooter with the same motor, 90% chance the rev box will work.

The two wires you connected were probally for brake lights or turn signals....something scooter related.... but they were more then likely a positive and negative, before doing something like that again, trace the wires to there origin to confirm they are something and not extra...lol.
    400ex hybrid Finished!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMDIAw8UskQ

I traced one of the plugs down to the bottom. it is two small wires that go into the case. but havent opened it up yet. i tried to push start it, and still nothing.

where on the atv was it smokin? might help to trace problem
    02 440 Cannondale Speed
    08 750 Kawasaki Brute Force
    06 450 Honda R
    Yamaha PW 50
    There is no Theory of Evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live

Im not sure specifically, i just know it was somewhere under the gas tank....i did find out that my battery, solenoid, and starter are all good. so im pretty certain theres a wire burnt somewhere but i have no idea where at...also, when i short out the solenoid, i have no spark at the plug.

Go on ebay type in 110cc and a whole bunch of stuff comes up.

Also pocketbikeparts.com they all have 110 atv stuff real cheap.

Id look at a stator, coil, cdi, recitifier? that stuff is so cheap that your probally only lookin at $60 for all that stuff.

Id put money on a burnt up stator, you have to tear into it to see.
    400ex hybrid Finished!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMDIAw8UskQ