Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clutch Problem??

Clutch Problem??

Not sure it this is in the right section.

Heres my problem. I was ridding the quad and when I went to pull the clutch in to down **** their was no pressure.

Thought it was the clutch cable, but not 100% on that. Not to sure if the cable i go was the right one. (Its almost 3in longer than the stock one)

I pulled the clutch apart today. The fibers and steals look fine. Their was enough fibers to catch a finger nail on.

Really not sure what the problem could be. Any information would get greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Quad info 2000 honda 400ex.

If you have it apart you should replace the clutch. Tusk clutch kit is cheap and works great. Get a new cable while your at it.

Originally posted by 4reeds
    If you have it apart you should replace the clutch. Tusk clutch kit is cheap and works great. Get a new cable while your at it.
    Already have a new cable. If the clutch is fine why replace it.

Could it be the clutch lifter pin?

#10 in the pic below.

Your cable shouldn't be 3 inches longer.I don't think you could adjust it enough to take the slack out of it. My clutch looked good but replaced it anyways.I didn't know it was slipping so much.Very pleased runs much faster now.

Ive had two ppl tell me this now.

Quote: It doesn't really matter how long the cable is, as long as there's the same amount of cable sticking out of the cable housing. End Quote

The amount that is stick out is the same.

So idk, Ive thought the same thing

It just seems like if the housing was 3'' longer that it would have to have more threads for the adjustment down on the case. Any chance you could upload a pic of the cable? What shape is the rod that goes around the lifter pin in?

I could post pics of the cable tomarrow.

Here is a picture of the lifter.
    http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9136/74815003.jpg

Now where the line it to the arrow is not their.

I think this is my problem. When when i drained the oil today everything looked good.

That would deffinetly be the problem.Did you find that piece when you took the case off?Bikebandit.com has it for 10.84

Originally posted by 4reeds
    That would deffinetly be the problem.Did you find that piece when you took the case off?Bikebandit.com has it for 10.84
    Yeah I saw it when I took the crank case off. Powersportspro.com has them for like 9 something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast