Thread: ktms maintenance nightmare

ktms maintenance nightmare

i know you guys may be a little biased lol. but are ktms really the maintenance nightmare I've heard them to be? I've seen alot of people switch just because of having to maintain it all the time
    2009 yamaha yfz450r se

I've owned KTM's since the day they arrived at my local dealer, and I would consider them to be no different maintenance wise than my Honda's that I used to run.

Oil changes are easy, as are air filter changes.

The way the KTM's are built, they are so convenient to work on and make changes, and do routine maintenance.

Just my opinion..... Jay
    2011 KTM 350 SXF - Project Bike
    'Innovative Carbon Fiber & Titanium Products'
    www.fwcarbon.com

the way I look at it.. To get the performance out of other brands to match the ktms, I have to modify the engine my self... ( more wenching)... To mantain that modify engine is more maintace than a stock engine( more wenching )...
    KTM quads are built pretty simple and and easier to do the maintance on... No tools to take off the air filter... no oil tank to drain or fill up... Easy chain adjuster and grease fittings ..... Plastic come off quick. Theres room to work on things...

Its true this is a Racing quad... Racing quads needs more maintance than trail machines... But a built 450r will need just as much mantance as a ktm...
    '09 KTM 505sx black

'06 YFZ white
    Herrmann/elka, LSR, ITP, TAG, Hiper, Ac, Blingstar..........
    '04 yfz blue
    ITP, pro-circuit, gibson, gyt-r, LSR, Pro-tapers

2001 400ex #40
    Axis, Lonestar, Herrmann, Gibson, Quadtech, JE, Hotcam, ITP, Ronnies, KandK, Roll design

Ronnie's Mail Order
    www.ronnies.com
    ATV fury3 -FST-..walsh..
    ATV fury2-Sick0 number 40

That is very true no more maint. than anything else.

k thanks guys, ive just heard that they had to have engine rebuilt all the time and stuff like that
    2009 yamaha yfz450r se