Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Polka Dots 7/17

Yah battling Dave was a blast, especially first moto. I sure give him credit for making up so much time the second moto! Usually not how it goes when XC guys goto MX. Very impressive!

Yeah Polkda dots was a great place, very nice track! I loved that they cut the big track for the 50s! Brody loved it! He is getting better and better every race! The only thing I was not very happy with was how fast they dropped the 70s after the 90s, especially the 2nd moto! I wish they would just let them each run seperate races..oh well.
    Proud mom to-
    2010 D14 2nd place 70 production
    Wyatt VanDyke #825 drr70
    2011- 90 production

2010 D14 2nd place 50 limited stock
    Brody VanDyke #530 drr50
    2011- 50 production

Originally posted by kimv
    Yeah Polkda dots was a great place, very nice track! I loved that they cut the big track for the 50s! Brody loved it! He is getting better and better every race! The only thing I was not very happy with was how fast they dropped the 70s after the 90s, especially the 2nd moto! I wish they would just let them each run seperate races..oh well.
    Gotta agree with ya Kim, no reason they couldn't have held the 70's another minute and while we are on that one, the flagger on the track before where the pile up was should have stay'd at his post and flagged the 70's rather than ditching his post to go pull bikes apart, he also could of had his girlfriend that was in a chair next to him in the shade flag for him while he was gone but only my opinion

All in all it was a great facility with great people and great racing by all.
    Proud Father of 7X National Champ Trevor Thatcher #404

Click >>Trevor's 2013 Sponsor List

www.Fierce Powersports.com

www.TrevorThatcher.com

Yeah real nice about the flaggers! grrrr! I had no idea what had happened until after the race, I know a kid flipped his quad, then there was a pileup? Wyatt told me some of it..who all ended up in the pileup? Wyatt must have somehow got passed it.
    Proud mom to-
    Wyatt VanDyke #825 drr70
    2011- 90 production

Brody VanDyke #530 drr50
    2011- 50 production

Yeah real nice about the flaggers! grrrr! I had no idea what had happened until after the race, I know a kid flipped his quad, then there was a pileup? Wyatt told me some of it..who all ended up in the pileup? Wyatt must have somehow got passed it.
    I think most of the 90s were piled up on the one of the first couple turns on lap one of moto 2 and there was no flagger to let the whole pack of 70s know, I think most all got through except mine but none the less I think flaggers in general whether it be a local or national event should pay more attention to their jobs especially when the kids are out on the track, maybe have some kind of basic training??

Sam Long hit a tree is what i was told and possibly even flipped and from what I was told it was a few before a flagger noticed.

Not at all trying to stir the pot or start crap just voicing my opinion is all.

Like I said it was a great time and we'd do it again in a heart beat!!

www.TrevorThatcher.com

Totally agree that there should be more flaggers during the mini quad races...and yeah basic training would help alot!!
    Proud mom to-
    Wyatt VanDyke #825 drr70
    2011- 90 production

Brody VanDyke #530 drr50
    2011- 50 production

I know Wyatt was saying there was a kid that had his quad on top of him and he was trying to get from under it and no one was helping him! He did tell me that the flagger didnt even notice even though he wasnt that far from one! I wonder if that was Sam? Glad that they decided to give D14 a try...Hopefully they enjoyed themselves and Sam had fun racing a bunch of kids! There sure were alot of 90s!
    Proud mom to-
    Wyatt VanDyke #825 drr70
    2011- 90 production

Brody VanDyke #530 drr50
    2011- 50 production

I know Wyatt was saying there was a kid that had his quad on top of him and he was trying to get from under it and no one was helping him! He did tell me that the flagger didnt even notice even though he wasnt that far from one! I wonder if that was Sam? Glad that they decided to give D14 a try...Hopefully they enjoyed themselves and Sam had fun racing a bunch of kids! There sure were alot of 90s!
    Same thing Trevor told us, not cool =(

www.TrevorThatcher.com

Here is the flagger I was talking about . .
    Attached Images Attached Images

www.TrevorThatcher.com

HA! Yeah they look like great flaggers!
    Proud mom to-
    Wyatt VanDyke #825 drr70
    2011- 90 production

Brody VanDyke #530 drr50