Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: dream race

That’s a good idea but the bikes will have no part of it, they don’t want quads messing up there lines. Bike riders don’t seem to like quads for some reason, and I’m not sure why, we all like to do it in the dirt, we just do it on deferent machines. I agree the exposure would be great but it will never happen.
    If the aftermarket parts guys would not make it so expensive to buy performance parts it would be much cheaper.
    There’s no way a 2’ slip on needs to be $350.00-400,00 dollars when I can do my whole truck exhaust for the same money.
    Same with all the parts there just to expensive and add that to the price of the quad and that’s why we cant afford to race anymore.

Also if the manufactures like Honda who promotes quad racing but has yet to put a completive quad on the market that is able to compete right out of the box without putting on all the extra parts to make it competitive.

Look at the LTR they are better right out of the box then any other quad out there and that’s why there so popular.
    Slightly Bent Racing # 47
    400ex with some stuff
    You shouldn't be concentrating on how fast your bike is.
    You should be concentrating on how well you can ride it.
    Never ride over your skill level and Never ride over the abilities of your machine.

Originally posted by slightlybent47
    That’s a good idea but the bikes will have no part of it, they don’t want quads messing up there lines. Bike riders don’t seem to like quads for some reason, and I’m not sure why, we all like to do it in the dirt, we just do it on deferent machines. I agree the exposure would be great but it will never happen.
    If the aftermarket parts guys would not make it so expensive to buy performance parts it would be much cheaper.
    There’s no way a 2’ slip on needs to be $350.00-400,00 dollars when I can do my whole truck exhaust for the same money.
    Same with all the parts there just to expensive and add that to the price of the quad and that’s why we cant afford to race anymore.

Also if the manufactures like Honda who promotes quad racing but has yet to put a completive quad on the market that is able to compete right out of the box without putting on all the extra parts to make it competitive.

Look at the LTR they are better right out of the box then any other quad out there and that’s why there so popular.
    Very much agreed on the LTR, and even the KTM. But yet i see people at the nationals replacing the stock swingarms, a-arms, and suspensions on the suzuki an the KTM, but why? I understand that the aftermarket suspension is better but why not embrace the fact that suzuki and ktm and yamaha have finally produced motocross capable quads off the showroom floor. I still think there needs to be restrictions in the C and B classes to level the playing field. This will make things more affordable for everyone and showcase true talent rather than someone that has more money and can afford all the aftermarket goodies.

Ok back on topic, if it wasn’t so expensive I would like to see an adult mini class where you have to ride a mini no greater then
    90 cc and on a mini chassis. I think that would be a lot of fun.
    Slightly Bent Racing # 47
    400ex with some stuff
    You shouldn't be concentrating on how fast your bike is.
    You should be concentrating on how well you can ride it.
    Never ride over your skill level and Never ride over the abilities of your machine.

My local series had an adult pit quad class one year. It was funny all the ads building their bikes and taking it serious. It would have been more entertaining if the bikes were actually fast and had decent suspension where they would be able to jump jumps.

I agree with the indoor supercross series that would be cool if we could get on to the ama supercross series it would be even better. Does anyone know if a pro quad racer could do all the sections? It would be hard to pass especially if the person who gets the holeshot rides in the middle and blocks, but as long as there is passing room and good racing there is no reason why the fans wouldnt enjoy it(dirt bikers might not like us but racing fans dont care).

A lites class wouldnt work just because of the power and the incapability of the quad. But our pro am class is equivalent to lites in terms of the riders. So that is already covered.

Originally posted by motofreak2772
    My local series had an adult pit quad class one year. It was funny all the ads building their bikes and taking it serious. It would have been more entertaining if the bikes were actually fast and had decent suspension where they would be able to jump jumps.

I agree with the indoor supercross series that would be cool if we could get on to the ama supercross series it would be even better. Does anyone know if a pro quad racer could do all the sections? It would be hard to pass especially if the person who gets the holeshot rides in the middle and blocks, but as long as there is passing room and good racing there is no reason why the fans wouldnt enjoy it(dirt bikers might not like us but racing fans dont care).

A lites class wouldnt work just because of the power and the incapability of the quad. But our pro am class is equivalent to lites in terms of the riders. So that is already covered.
    or race to following day the dirts there. and tv coverage. and advertising for the event.
    yz250f
    yfz450

Originally posted by motofreak2772

the sx tracks wouldnt be the same as a bike track. it just wouldnt work, i think bikes and quads should have completely different track setups, because they are completely different machines.

tracks would just need to be wider, with less of the big jumps out of corners. if they could actually make it to where all the guys could do the jumps and be fast, it would definitely be entertaining enough to draw fans.

and quad mx just needs a big sponsor like bikes have. just looking at the 30 second girls you can tell how low quads are compared to bikes.lol 30 second girls at pro bike nationals are like supermodels with little monster energy bikinis. the girls at quad nationals looks like there pulled out of the crowd at random.

but noone will be a big sponsor for quads cause there afraid it wont get big.

but without a big sponsor it will never get big,lol. its like a chain that will never be linked together
    2007 LTR 450
    Pro Taper,Powermadd,Motoworks,One Industries,Rath,Blingstar,Maxxis,DWT

2006 KTM 200xc-w

Originally posted by muddy400EX
    the sx tracks wouldnt be the same as a bike track. it just wouldnt work, i think bikes and quads should have completely different track setups, because they are completely different machines.

tracks would just need to be wider, with less of the big jumps out of corners. if they could actually make it to where all the guys could do the jumps and be fast, it would definitely be entertaining enough to draw fans.

and quad mx just needs a big sponsor like bikes have. just looking at the 30 second girls you can tell how low quads are compared to bikes.lol 30 second girls at pro bike nationals are like supermodels with little monster energy bikinis. the girls at quad nationals looks like there pulled out of the crowd at random.

but noone will be a big sponsor for quads cause there afraid it wont get big.

but without a big sponsor it will never get big,lol. its like a chain that will never be linked together
    Making a whole new series from scratch would just take too much work and will probably fail in the end. Adding quads to the supercross races would be the best option. Idk how wide sx tracks are but if they make it 3 quads wide(+comfort room) then it would be fine. I dont think the dirtbikers will mind since it would just give them even more room to pass as well. As for the jumps yes obviously quads can't do everything the bikes can but if the track designers take quads into consideration they could make tracks that both quads and bikes could race on and still be challenging.

Originally posted by fmfhonda250r
    A atv supercross series.
    yea i have to second that... or just a stock class in every and any series, like sleds have. thats something that would undoubtly help this sport grow!
    leftover 08 kfx 450r
    pro aluminum full skids
    pro aluminum double net nerf bars
    gt thunder xc lt a-arms

98% of the teenage population does, will try or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

Televised races in crappy Ontario 4x4 trails. Many would DNF .

nationals in and near florida, not so far north, and also some shcoolboy/supermini mod classes, like that allow 250 hybrids such as this
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast