Thread: need some parts

need some parts

ok so i need a harness and a stator, i have a 88 89 harness so i really only need a 88 stator that you KNOW WORKS! or else im looking for a full kit ready to run for a trx or a CR dont have a whole lot of money to run with right now but i also need a shift lever so if some one has all of that i will take it all from one guy thanks.
    Originally posted by BakerRacing40
    bad thing is she's probably been rode harder than half the bikes in the start gate..

but you can still have fun with somethin that's a lil worn out...

RIP John Gallagher Sr

give him a blessing or two... god bless this rider and all fallin riders..
    http://www.metalmulisha.com/team/jeremy-lusk

250r... the G.O.A.T of quads...

Re: need some parts

Originally posted by woodsracer144
    ok so i need a harness and a stator, i have a 88 89 harness so i really only need a 88 stator that you KNOW WORKS! or else im looking for a full kit ready to run for a trx or a CR dont have a whole lot of money to run with right now but i also need a shift lever so if some one has all of that i will take it all from one guy thanks.
    88 Stators are different than 89's... I just went thru this, look at Ricky Stator's website, I just ordered one on Tuesday. They have an 86-88 and 89 stator... FYI... So I guess that means the 88 and 89 harnesses are different too.
    496cc Saber 2 Stroke MX Project "Elsinore" (Laeger Narrow/CR500 Build - In Process)
    89 TRX 250R - Fully Restored Original

Re: Re: need some parts

Originally posted by troybilt
    88 Stators are different than 89's... I just went thru this, look at Ricky Stator's website, I just ordered one on Tuesday. They have an 86-88 and 89 stator... FYI... So I guess that means the 88 and 89 harnesses are different too.
    what the hell! i thought for years the 88 and 89 were the same. so then i just need a 89 i think i have the 86 and a 87 and they dont have the right plug ins, they have the same colored wires as my harness but not the right plug ins
    bad thing is she's probably been rode harder than half the bikes in the start gate..

RIP John Gallagher Sr

Re: Re: Re: need some parts

Originally posted by woodsracer144
    what the hell! i thought for years the 88 and 89 were the same. so then i just need a 89 i think i have the 86 and a 87 and they dont have the right plug ins, they have the same colored wires as my harness but not the right plug ins
    I had the same problem too. Wrong plug-ins... and I didn't want to hack up my 89 harness.
    496cc Saber 2 Stroke MX Project "Elsinore" (Laeger Narrow/CR500 Build - In Process)

Re: Re: Re: Re: need some parts

I had the same problem too. Wrong plug-ins... and I didn't want to hack up my 89 harness.
    i dont want to as well, i was thinking about making a harness to run all years so i dont have to piss with this stuff anymore....

RIP John Gallagher Sr

Again, I thought about that too, but when I went looking for the plugs to mate to the OEM Honda plugs you had to buy in bulk and it also takes a special crimping tool that is expensive... We have one at work, that I've used. In the end, it was cheaper or about as the same cost anyway to buy a new stator from Ricky Stator. The standard is 125 bucks and the 200w is 150. I went with the 200w so I can add baja lights for dune riding.

You might be able to find the mating plugs (not in bulk anyway), I had some trouble. I didn't spend too much time on it though either. Goodluck bud.

Again, I thought about that too, but when I went looking for the plugs to mate to the OEM Honda plugs you had to buy in bulk and it also takes a special crimping tool that is expensive... We have one at work, that I've used. In the end, it was cheaper or about as the same cost anyway to buy a new stator from Ricky Stator. The standard is 125 bucks and the 200w is 150. I went with the 200w so I can add baja lights for dune riding.
    150 for a new stator? i thought they were sold out then got bought from some one else and they werent as good as before?

RIP John Gallagher Sr

I have a stock stator for an 88, $125 shipped. Let me know if interested.
    aka RB Racing

Originally posted by machwon
    I have a stock stator for an 88, $125 shipped. Let me know if interested.
    post a pic of the plug ins

RIP John Gallagher Sr