Thread: Ol 2 strokes comming back

Ol 2 strokes comming back

AMA/ATVA Extreme Dirt Track TT race round 2 at Sikeston, MO, was at least 6 TRX250Rs there racing with one having a KX500 engine in the frame.
    Billy Clayton, Sikeston Race Park owner, owned the KX500 powered one & had long time Pro rider Jackie Medows piloting it.

Who said the 2 stroke or 250R is dieing out, NOT, but I can tell you one thing is, MONEY to keep them 4 pokers running.

Neil
    C-Leigh Racing Team
    In memory of Caraleigh Pritchard
    1979 - 1992

Team riders, 2017 Extreme Dirt Track
    # 25 450R Honda, Chuckie Creech, Pro, Pro Am, Pro Am Unlimited class
    # 25, 450R Honda, Andrea Creech, Womens class

Good job Neil!
    All250R - For the development and preservation of 2stroke racing technology specializing in the Honda 250R / TRX250R - Superiority through simplicity.

dang i knew i shouldve went to watch that! i'm only two hours drive from there. I went and watched dirt track stock cars instead
    1995 Blaster. Bored .040" , midrange ported, head rechambered, pro series reeds, FMF fatty/Dg silencer, lightened flywheel, +4 timing, Hydro brakes, Lonestar +2 a-arms, Works dual rate G-series shocks, +2 swingarm,. More to come

Originally posted by headache
    dang i knew i shouldve went to watch that! i'm only two hours drive from there. I went and watched dirt track stock cars instead
    Yep, you missed a full Saturday & Saturday night of 4 wheeler racing, action packed & slinging sand.
    Worst part, was you missed them 7 fast women in the womens class, my daughter being one of them & on her NPRD 350R at that.
    Neil
    C-Leigh Racing Team
    1979 - 1992

Does it seem like your working on more 250R's now too, Neil?
    Tony

Arens Axis XC 310R

South Dakota

I am planning on going to the South Dakota race, just wondering how many classes I will be able to run with my 330, I would like to run as many as possible, or will a 265 open me up to more classes. I am a fairly fast A rider in MN and do not really know what class I belong at a national, I havent raced with any of these guys to be able to judge my speed.

With a 330, you can run any of the age classes, providing your age match's up with which ever class.
    16 to 24, 25+, 30+, 40+ & if you run A class at your local race events, then Open A class.

We've opened up the Pro Lite class this year, to include the 2 strokes, but it goes 265 2 stroke 450 4 stroke.

I found out this past weekend, that the Pro Lite class includes Amature riders, like if your an A class rider, you can compete in Pro Lite if you want.

Pro-Am-Unlimited, is for just about anything sport bike, A class & above riders only, Hybred bike builds or any engine size providing it is a bike engine, NO blown 350 small blocks in a custom frame though.
    Neil
    C-Leigh Racing Team
    1979 - 1992

330 it is, Thanks.