Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HiPer Racing Wheels. Questions and comments welcome.

Hiper Tech-2010
    pm sent about my wheels, not sure which ones i have.
    07 YFZ 450 leagers +2 +1, lonestar axle and hub, cam mod, zip ty mod, vitos needle and screw, FMF powercore4,power madd, ODI, blingstar nerfs, SRP rotor

we had a set they leaked and we contacted hiper and they said their was nothing they could do about them bacause they were old hipers. We had a newer set of cf1 and they seemed to work good but one of the beadlock rings threads got screwed up.

no way am i downing Hyper. i have always wanted a set of Hypers. they look trick. and really, who doesn't like carbon? here are my concerns:
    with all these comments about leakage, cracking, and, sealing, Hyper has not responed. back your product fellas! tell us what can be done about these problems. more importantly what can you do about it?

HiPer Service

In response to Hawaii's comment, we would like to say that we do whatever we can for customers when any of these problematic issues occur. Our Tech 3 wheels come with a 1 year unlimited warranty. If you crack or damage the wheel in any way within the first year of purchase we replace the damaged part free of charge. If you purchase a set of our CF1 wheels (which only have a 60 day manufacturer guarantee) if any part is damaged you can replace that wheel half for a very reasonable price, same as the Tech 3 wheel if it's out of warranty. As for the spinning inserts, we are doing everything to make the best product available in limiting this from occurring in the future. The best method to prevent this from happening is to clean your wheels regularly and to use anti-seize or a dab of oil every time you take your bead ring off and on. But, as will happen whenever you have any type of metal and plastic bonded together, with as much torque and twisting that is constantly applied to the wheel inserts it is inevitable that sometimes they will fail. Other leaking issues can sometimes be due to pinched or damaged o rings. (This is the case 99% of the time whenever a wheel is leaking from the center area). Please feel free to pm me or call us directly if you have any questions about our product and I will try and answer them as timely as possible and to the best of my ability.

Best,
    Dylan

thank you for the reply now that is how to respond. answered my questions and then some.

i hope to own a set of your wheels in the near future. polished aluminum is nice but shiny don't make you go fast.

I haven't had great luck with Hipers. One of them started leaking, which was caused by a bad o-ring. Taking them apart, 3 of the bolts were seized in one of the halves even though I used anti-seize and a torque wrench when putting them together. Got them to hold air until one of the rings cracked and managed to move over one of the bolts. On the other hand I have two sets of OMF beadlocks, and a set of DWT and can say I've had zero problems with those.

Anyone want to buy a set of 8" Tech 3s? LOL

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE HIPER WHEELS WITH THE HUB INTEGRATED INTO THE WHEEL?
    ARE THEY NOT BEING MADE ANYMORE?
    WAS THERE A PROBLEM WITH'EM?

Responses

Candidate,
    I truly am sorry that you had issues with our wheels. We're constantly trying to improve our product in hopes of having the most limited amount of problems as possible.

Blood,
    The integrated hub was one of the company's very first designs. There is absolutely nothing wrong with those wheels but we decided to change the design out of practicality.

i used to love hiper rims. i had many sets they will not bend like most. but at $250 each

after a year the front rings fail ok not a big deal

on the rear the bead lock nuts fail on both rims. so they are now junk.

if anything i will buy non beadlock rims.

As for the spinning inserts, we are doing everything to make the best product available in limiting this from occurring in the future.

really thats it?

Really thats it? What would you be implying, sir? If you have issues with our wheels there is a simple solution. Do not buy them.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast