Thread: honda 300ex bogging out

honda 300ex bogging out

my 1996 honda 300ex runs ok at idle but bogs out if i get into the throttle to much. i replaced spark plug to no avail. i think it may be a carb. issue. is there any adjustments i can make to carb.? i only see one screw that adjusts idle speed.

How long has it sat with gas in it? The carb probably needs cleaned out real good
    02 440 Cannondale Speed
    08 750 Kawasaki Brute Force
    06 450 Honda R
    Yamaha PW 50
    There is no Theory of Evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live

the gas is fresh. I have been riding every weekend for 3 months. It has ran fine untill last week. I started it up and went to take off and it just bogged if i got into throttle more than half way. Is their a fuel mixture screw on carb.?

maybe the clip that holds the needle in the slide came off ,and the needle is sitting down in the main jet. this was a common prob. on 250rs dont know about 400ex tho. there is no reason that something came out of ajustment so that is prob. a waste of time

well i took carb off and took apart and cleaned. i put it back on and still bogging out. i guess my next option is to replace the coil. it appears to have good spark when i put an inline spark tester on it, but i dont know what else to try.

300 bogging

is it bogging or misfiring my sons had similar problem and we had to replace cdi box

why asume electrical are any of ur jets clog and or any passage ways clogged it sounds like a carb issue if the coil was bad ud have no spark
    2001 300EX
    FMF Powercore4 Full
    (no spark arestor)
    20x11x9 Holeshot HD's
    Uni Filter (no lid)
    ProTaper bars
    14t front

The home of the Cavaliers, Browns and Indians
    make sure your choke isnt slipping and closing... carbs do not like to be choked when they dont need to
    ---1991 Honda trx250x SOLD April 2010
    White Maier fenders
    DG alloy series front+rear bumper
    DG Swing skidplate
    Factory FX gripper seat cover
    FLY Bars
    Silver bullet lights
    LED taillight
    AMS Pactrax 22-7-10's
    PureSport Bandit 20-10-9's
    ITP aluminum rims

Other vehicles at my pad-
    2001 Honda Recon, 2008 yz250f, 2003 trx90, klx125, kx110 (t.b.parts 140 big bore+white brothers full pipe) crf50, 2007 cbr919