Thread: 450r backfire!!!

450r backfire!!!

My 2006 trx450 is backfiring. idk why. does anyone knows what causes this? runs good but the exhaust pops aka back fires.

When does it backfire? If it's mostly on decel I would check for a leaky head pipe. Some popping is normal, especially with a pipe or other mods. I would also check for any sort of air leak, like the boot between the carb and the head.

Might be running it a little lean.
    88 250R C-Leigh Racing 310 Pro-X 6 Mil,Deaf Man Chassis,ESR,CR ignition,Combs Custom Coatings
    88 250R Hybrid Eng. 496 Saber, Stellar Machine & Performance, Tyson Racing, McCoys Performance
    07 450R HRC kit,Rossier,Burgard,Skat~Trak,DFR,IMS

pops when decell and acell and when reving it up

Originally posted by EXKid416
    When does it backfire? If it's mostly on decel I would check for a leaky head pipe. Some popping is normal, especially with a pipe or other mods. I would also check for any sort of air leak, like the boot between the carb and the head.

pops when decell and acell and when reving it up

Try taking your lid off and riding it.If it clears up you'll know you were running rich.

Originally posted by 4reeds
    Try taking your lid off and riding it.If it clears up you'll know you were running rich.
    Most of the time, a motor that is running rich will not backfire. It will just fall on its face and not want to take any throttle. It's either a lean condition, or possibly something electrical. Check the wire that is connected to your coil. If this wire is loose, or not connected, it will cause the backfiring like you are talking about.

Originally posted by Scro
    Most of the time, a motor that is running rich will not backfire. It will just fall on its face and not want to take any throttle. It's either a lean condition, or possibly something electrical. Check the wire that is connected to your coil. If this wire is loose, or not connected, it will cause the backfiring like you are talking about.

not sure what it is??? it pops alot and then when you rev it up sometimes when u gas it, it doesn't do anything or has a slow reaction to it.