Thread: Trx450 Dying

Trx450 Dying

I own a 2006 trx450 and when in nuetral if i pull the clutch in and shift into first or second then begin to let it out, the atv dies on me. What could this be????

Sounds like you need to check your TORS switch circuit or possibly the ECM connectors. Probably the Throttle Over Ride Switch, its in the throttle housing.

what am i checking for?

Originally posted by EXKid416
    Sounds like you need to check your TORS switch circuit or possibly the ECM connectors. Probably the Throttle Over Ride Switch, its in the throttle housing.
    what am i checking for?

My 07r was doing the same.Messed with the air/feul screw cleared it right up.Turned it in all the way and then turned it out 2 turns.Ended up with 2 1/2 turns out.You have to adjust with the bike running so watch your fingers it gets hot.

Originally posted by 4reeds
    My 07r was doing the same.Messed with the air/feul screw cleared it right up.Turned it in all the way and then turned it out 2 turns.Ended up with 2 1/2 turns out.You have to adjust with the bike running so watch your fingers it gets hot.

what was yours doing? and how'd your air and fuel screw get messed with??

Did this happen all of a sudden, or had it been sitting? Have you revved it way up and let out the clutch? If it still stalls its probably electrical and probably something exKid416 was talking about. Download a manual for it if you don't have one and see if you can do a check on those things. Try popping the clutch to start it and see how it acts.
    '05 450r - Jardine slip-on; hot cam stage 2; JE 12.5:1; Kibblewhite valves, springs, etc.; tag bars; renthal grips; rock bumpers.

'96 Yamaha 350 Big Bear 4x2

'05 Nissan Titan 4x4 - Cherry Bomb Extreme, Jensen Flipout, 2" Leveling kit, 750 watt system, Tinted out

KTM 125sx - Half a clutch lever. Rebuilding bottom up - Rebuilt crank form Andrew Cooksey (Great Guy), Boyseen reeds, Vertex Piston kit

Originally posted by 450R NOOB
    Did this happen all of a sudden, or had it been sitting? Have you revved it way up and let out the clutch? If it still stalls its probably electrical and probably something exKid416 was talking about. Download a manual for it if you don't have one and see if you can do a check on those things. Try popping the clutch to start it and see how it acts.
    i bought it from a kid that wrecked it. he said it sat or a little while maybe 3 weeks. where would i download a manual?

Try emptying the bad gas in the bowl.use a flat head screwdriver and open the screw let it drain tighten it.