Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: truck guys..

truck guys..

Well yesterday I picked up a 1999 gmc sierra extended cab truck, has the 4.8l, and has high miles (217k). Truck runs very smooth, doesn't skip a beat. BUT this morning when I went to start it, it took a few seconds, so I turned key off and tried again and it started. It always starts, just takes a few seconds, but once running it runs great. any ideas?
    I live life 300ft. at a time...

come on, need some help lol

Check your fuel pressure, as in the pump may be on its way out. Also, has it had a tune-up lately? Plugs, wires, air filter, etc?

Im not sure on the last tuneup beings how I just bought it. I didn't notice anything ot of the ordinary with the gauge. I will double check though.

Put a new fuel filter in, also check the fuel pump. It is prob the orig pump.. Easiest way to do a pump is take the bed off.. It is a pita *** to do one if you have to drop the tank, don't have access to a lift... Its one of the 2.. Also run some fuel system cleaner through it for good measure..

John
    440ex PPE Stg II headwork, Kibblewhite springs, Crf timing chain, stgIII H cam, Wiseco 11-1, GTT studs, Cometic gaskets, 450 carb, Sparks cdi, Oversize oil tank, LSR +1 stem, LSR +2 arms, , dura-blue X-33 axle, Dura-blue hub/fade/carrier, TAG, Hinson clutch/basket, HMF full pipe, ITP, ASM, IMS, DID X ring, UNI, UM, MAIER, Pro Armor skids, Stainless bolts, brake lines, 450r shocks, Sidwinder, Tusk, Wave.. A lil sprocket work,

I priced a fuel pump, it is $271 . That is from oreilly, said they dont sell just the pump, its the whole assembly. How can I check it? My bddy said he thinks its not priming, would this mean just the priming part is bad, or would that affect the whole operation of the pump? thanks, neil

did everything turn on but the starter didnt spin? my truck just did that to me last week...wireing to the starter fried and it killed the starter itself...not cheap but what else do you expect form a ford
    06 300ex
    powermad guards
    full skidplates
    fmf powercore
    fmf jet kit
    maier race plastics
    motorsports front bumper
    ae filter
    14 tooth front
    400ex a arms and shocks

07 400ex
    powermad guards
    um racing nerfs
    dg bumper

no it was spinning and everything. found a complete fuel pump on ebay for $65 shipped, whooohooooo. But I dont want to change it and it still stall to start.

IF it's the fuel pump, definately pull the bed rather than drop the tank. But if you take your truck to someone that knows what they're doing, you could test the fuel pressure, on the injector rail. But the fuel filter is a cheap, easy thing to replace, and could very well be related.

im 99% sure that the guy told me when I went check it out that he had a brand new fuel filter on it, so now Im thinking that the reason he changed it was to fix the "problem". So I didn't know about it until the next morning when I went to start it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast