Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 400ex or Z400?

Talking 400ex or Z400?

I need some help! Which quad should I get? I will be doing alot of woods riding with some MX. I don't want to wrench that much. I have been through the high dollar high, maintenance thing with PWC racing for the last 10 years and I am tired of it! I want a quad that is reliable but also has some balls! What should I get........ 400ex or Z400

Thanks

this has been posted a million times and you would most likely find your answer better and faster there.

i think it would be up to looks and brand preferance to me. the z is a little faster but basicly has the same frame as the honda and good handling. the honda has been proven to be a good reliable machine but i havnt heard of that many z problems lately except that the frame is a little week in spots. there both good machines though.
    Mike Hurd
    Revulsion Industries

))FQX((

there both very good quads, I quess it really depends on how much $ you are planing on spending,you can pick up a 400ex cheaper,because they came out in 99, I myself would get the 400ex[I just love hondas]& I think they look better!!
    2000 400ex WHITE BROTHERS E-SERIES PIPE
    K&N JET KIT & FILTER
    RENTHAL BARS, MSR RAPTOR CLUTCH LEVER & "TINNER SCOOPS" SHOCKWEARS,BLACK OEM HONDA SEAT
    AC-FRONT BUMBER, PRM- GRAB BAR & SKID PLATE,
    DURABLUE AXLE, PRO DESIGN KILL SWITCH,
    DG- NERF BARS with WIDE FOOT PEGS

id rather get a Z but there ABOUT equal. Get whats better in ur price range, u will be happy with both
    2001 Red 416ex #82

Parting out a 2000 Blaster
    Click here For blaster Parts

Parting out a 2001 TRX400EX as well, PM me for information

Originally posted by flyin_400EX
    this has been posted a million times and you would most likely find your answer better and faster there.

i think it would be up to looks and brand preferance to me. the z is a little faster but basicly has the same frame as the honda and good handling. the honda has been proven to be a good reliable machine but i havnt heard of that many z problems lately except that the frame is a little week in spots. there both good machines though.
    He about summed it up.

I ride both and love my honda buttttt the z is better. Better engine,more power, reves higher, better shocks, runs way cooler.
    Get the Z..........sorry guys but it's true
    06 YFZ, Alba exhaust, K&N, nerfs, trailtech x-bars, trailtech torch lights, trailtech HID lights, ac full body skid plate, one industries graphics, TCS front shocks, TCS rear shock rebuild, Alba +2 a-arms, alba bumper, AC cooler rack. ITP C9 wheels, sandskate 1 paddles, GBC dune runner fronts, Precision stabilizer, Alba porting, cam mod

I've got two Z's, both of which were purchased in the first week they were released with zero problems. I've heard people with axles that have bent, but in most cases, was replaced under warrantee. This issue though should be solved as they started using different axles. The ex is a great machine and they are real cheap right now cause of the Z and other new high performance sport machines. But mod for mod, the Z makes more power due to having dual overhead cams and water cooling as opposed to sohc and air cooling. Both are worthy machines to own in my opinion. (I say go get a Z)
    [flash width=400 height=100 loop=true]http://vooduuchild.freeservers.com/z400/vooduusign.swf[/flash]
    03 Z400, pro armor belly and swing arm skids, Alba max flow intake w/K&N filter and outerwears.
    03 Z400 w/ PRM swing arm skid.
    Both yellow jackets.

Z. I had an EX. Great quad. Some times change and things get better. I would take the Z over the EX if it was made by Kasea. Thanks God it isnt.
    Freakystone (EXriders Legend)
    - Making a comeback -

2008 Tundra 4x4 Limited
    2009 Porsche Cayenne GTS

i would go with the ex just because of the reliablity the suzuki has been plagded with problems from the start frist the axles then the frames the ex has a better realablity record and they are going alot cheeper that they were so with the extra 500- 1000 bucks there you go some mod's for you
    The above information may be speculative, based on misinformation, contain inaccurate data or could be entirely tongue-in-cheek...depending on how litigious the reader may be, how much liquor I've consumed and or the read has consumed, or the degree of stupidity and/or gullibility exhibited by any poster/reader I may respond to

If your getting a new quad get a Z or kfx
    2001 400EX

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast