Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: old race bike (desertsled )

thats a interesting bike fred. do you got any side view pics? it looks like something you might see in one of those 80s post-apocolyptic movies.
    If you can't modify it why have it???

yea, gonna get more pics tomorrow . do u mean like mad max .

my best friend would call it a big stink bug because of the way it sat without the rider on it . him and i use to do team nite races on it

Originally posted by fearlessfred
    yea, gonna get more pics tomorrow . do u mean like mad max .

my best friend would call it a big stink bug because of the way it sat without the rider on it . him and i use to do team nite races on it
    yes, mad max is a good example. i love to see unique machines. one of the ATV magazines would appreciate a submission of your quad.
    If you can't modify it why have it???

allways wanted do that ,but just never had it picture perfect . i am ashamed to post it so ragged out like it is .i left it sit outside for 2 years. it was covered but still got rusted

Being an engi-nerd myself, you've certainly got my attention. I think a resto project like this would be awesome.

I've been interested in the dual rear air-shock setup for awhile, well ever since I got my floats... LOL...
    496cc Saber 2 Stroke MX Project "Elsinore" (Laeger Narrow/CR500 Build - In Process)
    89 TRX 250R - Fully Restored Original

do the floats get stiffer as they get hotter, because that is the reason we made the shock and airsping seperate, and used nitrogen instead of air

They don't seem to for me, but I think they could in a desert racing application. I hear some MX racers fill them with nitrogen instead of air as well and are probably re-valved for that.

D Berg might have some insight on that.
    496cc Saber 2 Stroke MX Project "Elsinore" (Laeger Narrow/CR500 Build - In Process)
    89 TRX 250R - Fully Restored Original

Thought that was Bunderson's work, I wish I could drop one of my quads off to him and say have at it, just don't think I could afford it! I do remember seeing it parked that day out at Nellis and it was really tall. Rode by later and you were just taking off to go ride and it was at a regular height. Here is the IRS quad Bunderson built also:

http://atv.off-road.com/atv/article/....jsp?id=190855

It was actually for sale a year or two ago, not sure what happened to it.

There is also a Raptor 660 running around that Bunderson built also. It was at a BITD race about a year and a half ago. (I assume the suspension was done by Bunderson, it had Bunderson stickers all over it.) During the race, there was a couple mile section that was just nasty rough, big holes, cross grain, etc. That Raptor passed me in that section, I was amazed at how well it worked.

Originally posted by troybilt
    D Berg might have some insight on that.
    I have never noticed any issues with running the Float Evols in the desert. I think the longest race I have on mine was about 160 miles, shocks were just as consistant as a regular coil shock. I know others who have raced alot farther on them, and they said the same.

Good luck on the restoration. Once you get it back together and go for a ride, let me know, I would love to get a closer look at it. try to get it done and come out and race one of the MRAN night races on it this summer.

Doug
    2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
    (BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2013 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Dirttricks.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
    2005 TRX450R
    1986 TRX250R

thanks for the invite when its done i will pm you. with no work right now it will be slow going. how about dumont next fall.

was wondering if u new all
    the guys i use to race with
    bingo
    alan levenson
    steve abbot
    mark bunderson
    mitch canapa
    todd hunter

more pics

dropped spindle to get more ground clearance for the a arms
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast