Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: old race bike (desertsled )

old race bike (desertsled )

these are some pics of my bike i used to desert race until my wife started popping the kids out 2 at a time, making four boys . i am going to start a restoration, and maybe thro a crf 450 in it
    Attached Images Attached Images

spill the beans about that suspension setup!never seen anything like it. looks trick

Did Bunderson build this? Was there a few of these around Vegas? I remember years ago (Maybe 2002, 2001?)I saw something like this out at Nellis Dunes one weekend. (May have even been you.) Never got to take a close look at it, but always wondered about it. It's funny, I was just thinking about it a few days ago!

Doug
    2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
    (BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2013 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Dirttricks.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
    2005 TRX450R
    1986 TRX250R

That thing looks crazy, how did it do in the races?
    1987 250r

2001 laeger 250r narrow frame/cr500 link

so this is the bike you have been talking about? very interesting!! Wayne
    88 250R C-Leigh Racing 310 Pro-X 6 Mil,Deaf Man Chassis,ESR,CR ignition,Combs Custom Coatings
    88 250R Hybrid Eng. 496 Saber, Stellar Machine & Performance, Tyson Racing, McCoys Performance
    07 450R HRC kit,Rossier,Burgard,Skat~Trak,DFR,IMS

Tell us more about your quad. And can you post more pics. It really looks interesting to say the least. I ride the desert a lot myself and can truly appreciate a trick machine such as yours.

yes wayne
    yes it did good at racing desert ,but took at least a year to dial in and prob.was at only 70 percent of what it could be . now that im 52 years old i might want it to be 100 percent .some things broke and failed like the rod ends that hold the swing arm on broke because the jam nut was hitting the frame and the air spings leaked because of bad tubing ( had use hydrolic cylinder tubing to get the poly pac seals to seal up) but everthing did get ironed out

yes bunderson did build it and yes that was me at nellis, the other bike he built had independent rear and was done about 5 years after mine
    and to answer bill question the suspension is made up of an air spring which is infinitly ajustable , by the nitogen preasure and the amount oil you add to the top of piston ( that changes the rising rate of the air spring ) . the shock is a fox shock that is position sensative . it has three holes of diff. sizes drilled in the body and a sleeve placed around it and the shock fluid will bypass until the piston goes past more later

yes i will to all your questions ( norcalduner) tomorrow

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast