Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FYI- another TRX250R part being DISCONTINUED!!

FYI- another TRX250R part being DISCONTINUED!!

Just thought Id give my fellow TRX250R fanatics a heads up, Honda has discontinued the OEM clutch cable, part# 22870-KR0-000 Most big Honda dealers such as the one I use will often call Honda Motor Co. LTD direct to check availability of parts, as they did today when I went to order a throttle cable and a clutch cable. The throttle cables are no longer available, and while on the phone Honda said the clutch cable was being discontinued and that they currently had 115 remaining in stock and once those were gone that would be it for yet another TRX250R OEM part!! So I went ahead and ordered 3, because YES I know you can get Motion Pro, BUT for us die-hards that like doing true OEM restorations, we want the real deal!! So there you have it, get them while you can!!
    GNC MX- RETIRED!!

Not only that, They also discontinued the gas tank cushions. 17505-HB9-000, 17506-HB9-000
    87 TRX310R
    87 TRX370R
    85 YZ125 Resto
    85 YZ80 Resto
    85 ATC70
    00 TRX416EX

Re: FYI- another TRX250R part being DISCONTINUED!!

Originally posted by superman
    Just thought Id give my fellow TRX250R fanatics a heads up, Honda has discontinued the OEM clutch cable, part# 22870-KR0-000 Most big Honda dealers such as the one I use will often call Honda Motor Co. LTD direct to check availability of parts, as they did today when I went to order a throttle cable and a clutch cable. The throttle cables are no longer available, and while on the phone Honda said the clutch cable was being discontinued and that they currently had 115 remaining in stock and once those were gone that would be it for yet another TRX250R OEM part!! So I went ahead and ordered 3, because YES I know you can get Motion Pro, BUT for us die-hards that like doing true OEM restorations, we want the real deal!! So there you have it, get them while you can!!
    That is unfortunate, but for a Perfect OEM resto, the KR0 cable isn't correct anyway. The original cable is an HB9 which is slightly shorter than the KR0, and it's been gone for over ten years.
    "Everything's a good idea when you're drinkin'"
    "Without rules, we'd all be livin' in trees, flingin' our crap at each other" - a very wise man
    2003 Lonestar 250R
    2001 Lonestar 250R
    1986 250R restored to new
    1986 250R still in pieces
    2007 TRX450R
    2004 TRX450R
    1999 CR250
    1999 CR500
    1996 CR250
    and many more

1999 Banshee "NEW TO ME"

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...razyavatar.gif

True, I was just reffering to the only OEM cable still available thru Honda Motor Co.
    GNC MX- RETIRED!!

Is there a website that updates discontinued parts quickly? Servce honda maybe? Or does anyone have a list of the discontinuted parts for the 250r? What can we even get anymore?!
    Caution! Post Whore!
    Kansas B Class Motocross Racer
    Long Live the 250r!

I know Ronnie's shows wether a Part is Dicontinued or not.....not sure how often the list is updated though....

It's too bad HONDA didn't outsurce the parts to businesses in the USA...then it would just be a matter of knowing who made what and then we could contact them and deal direct

Wishful thinkin' i know

'99 400EX - The Girlfriend's Son's Ride

'09 Laeger Pro-Trax 330R - What a Rocket!
    '06 HYBRID XR680R with 400EX geometry - INSANE Torque Monster

'87 TRX250R - stolen R.I.P.

I bought an oem throttle cable last Saturday at my local dealer. I didn't know at the time it was discontinued. They said they had 4 in stock, which surprised me since it's just a small dealership in a town of about 25,000 people. I looked when I got home and saw you couldn't order it from the parts sites. It was about $50 but I needed it to ride so I bought it.

Rob
    84 ATC 200X
    86 TRX 250R
    03 KFX 400

Originally posted by Langbolt
    I know Ronnie's shows wether a Part is Dicontinued or not.....not sure how often the list is updated though....

It's too bad HONDA didn't outsurce the parts to businesses in the USA...then it would just be a matter of knowing who made what and then we could contact them and deal direct

Wishful thinkin' i know

It probably comes down to the engineering print and Honda not wanting to release them. Many places are capable of fabricating the needed parts, just need a print.

Someone could draw up a print (and engineer the material and finish)
    --
    2003 KFX400, 1986 TRX250R, 1999 Yamaha SRX700

how much are the cables,
    I assume u got from service honda or another supplier where you can save some cash

I get all my Honda parts at my local dealer, Lexington Motorsports where I'm set up as a dealer, so I get very good pricing on all my OEM parts.
    GNC MX- RETIRED!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast