Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are all the KTM's?

Where are all the KTM's?

Kind of curious to where all the KTM's are at? are they that good taht you dont see them for sale? and even if they are that good how come you dont see many at the tracks or in the Pro/Pro am's?

I mean after all its suppose to be the best out of the box MX 450 right? sure its a lil expensive. Is there a reason why you still see more hondas and suzuki's out there? am i just missing something?

Also kind of wondering cuz if i could pull enough cash together for a modified one id try one out, if not ill go to a honda 450r or conitune to ride a LTR

also wondering if the stock a arms are long travel? they look like it but just am not sure.

Thanks haha

There are quite a bit of KTM's out there. If you go to the Nationals, you'll see a large amount of orange.

Its all preference.. There are more Honda's out there, because thats what people have come to know, learn and ride since 04. Making changes with brands, comes with expense, learning and a lot of testing time.

The stock arms on the KTM require 18.625" long shocks. Many aftermarket arm companies have stuck with this length of shocks for the KTM, and just change the shock mount location on the arm to let the shock perform better.

Just my .02....

Jay
    2011 KTM 350 SXF - Project Bike
    'Innovative Carbon Fiber & Titanium Products'
    www.fwcarbon.com

They are..."around"

and doing well it seems...

They are by far the best quad out of the box... but you can built a very nice quad for 13 grand out of the othere 450's... I just pick a 505sx for 8300 otd and is very nice for that, but if I had paid retail($12,600) think I would be a little disapointed...
    '09 KTM 505sx black

'06 YFZ white
    Herrmann/elka, LSR, ITP, TAG, Hiper, Ac, Blingstar..........
    '04 yfz blue
    ITP, pro-circuit, gibson, gyt-r, LSR, Pro-tapers

2001 400ex #40
    Axis, Lonestar, Herrmann, Gibson, Quadtech, JE, Hotcam, ITP, Ronnies, KandK, Roll design

Ronnie's Mail Order
    www.ronnies.com
    ATV fury3 -FST-..walsh..
    ATV fury2-Sick0 number 40

wow i guess they are around...theres a few for sale in ohio that have some nice aftermarket parts on them. and was looking into them. was just wondering where they all were since they are suppose to be this great quad!

good point on the hondas, they are still great quads when built...might actually get rid of my LTR for another 450r or maybe a KTM (if i can swing the price of em hah)

Not many people want to buy a quad that just came out because they don't know what kind of problems they will run into. Also a lot of people can't afford a quad for 12k with the economy. Those were both issues for me but found one for 7500 and had to buy it. Don't regret it one bit. I haven't even modded my ktm in the year that ive owned it and im completely content with it.

If you decide to get a honda you should buy mine for 3k! haha

true

im selling my race ready LTR 450 this weekend for 3500 (i keep my shocks which i will sell and should put me at about 5000)

so im in the market for a laid out quad for 6000

well got to ktmatvhq.com everything about ktms and there are some on there for sale. good luck
    KTM 450xc-Cycria pro bends,G2 threaded bar ends,mino products water impeller, ohlins dampner,ktm nerfs with heelgaurd nets,twin air mod for air box,Terry Cable thumb and twist,PRM Control Bumper,PRM Control rear bumper,ATV Fourplay soft bars,odi lock on grips,Venom slip on pipe,3/8 thick plastic buelly skid,stator cover,KTM Shock covers,KTM light relocation,Dirtbike CDI Box,Moose HD Clutch springs,Fourwerx hood,steel braided fuel line,tank bottom lined in reflective tape,Front end set up,CARB MODS:ac pump timed,BK ac pump stop mod,Throttle spring weakend,ac pump spring strengthend rejeted,Boyesen quickshot 3,thumper racing f/a mixture screw,xl fuel nut. works like fuel injection!! it is almost there.

When in doubt...Flatout!

www.azmotocity.com I just bought a 505.

I checked out the http://www.azmotocity.com/ link and they must have tooken off the atv option to view, are they still carrying the ktm quads or just sold out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast