Thread: Will a 03 Predator head work on a 06

Will a 03 Predator head work on a 06

Just need to know if a 03 Predator 500 head will work on a 06 Predator 500?

Thanks

I guess nobody knows? I am going to try it . I feel sorry for anyone who owns one of these turds !

yeah itll work fine......99% of the motor is the same throughout the years including all the "main" parts. Whats wrong with the old head? ooc
    '05 Polaris Predator 500 - HPD 558, hotcams, 40mm FCR, Rath Intake, Elka Elites, JD Adjustable uppers, et¢ et¢ et¢...$$$
    '03 Honda 400ex - uni filter and white brothers slip-on, timing key, ccp stabilizer...etc my backup buddy bike)

At some point I think they added or subtracted two bolts. I know my manual for my outlaw shows 6 bolts but the head actually only had 4. Anyone have any more infomration on this?

Well, I bought the top end off a 03 and put it on a 06 bottom end . It works and bolts up just fine.

The only problem is the head stay bolt is off just enough not to let the bolt go though.

So far so good !

The 06 head lost a valve and ruined the head. The 06 head is almost 600.00 bare .

I bought a whole top end for 325.00

Now to sell it ! Yeah !

Originally posted by shanekyle
    At some point I think they added or subtracted two bolts. I know my manual for my outlaw shows 6 bolts but the head actually only had 4. Anyone have any more infomration on this?
    yeah it wouldn't actually matter but the outlaw's parts fiche show 6 but has a different part number than the preds (which all share the same part number)
    '05 Polaris Predator 500 - HPD 558, hotcams, 40mm FCR, Rath Intake, Elka Elites, JD Adjustable uppers, et¢ et¢ et¢...$$$
    '03 Honda 400ex - uni filter and white brothers slip-on, timing key, ccp stabilizer...etc my backup buddy bike)