Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to clean the engine/chassis with

Question What to clean the engine/chassis with

Ok I am starting to get depressed seeing pics of these clean quads. I would like to know what you all are using to clean the enging, swingarm, frame, ect. with. I can use soap and water along with a couple of hours scrubbing to get it to look ok. I have tried engine degreaser with no luck. Let me know what you guys use. Thanks
    2002 KTM 400 EXC, this bike is awsome!

Quads I use to own:
    FDO 463ex, Gas Gas 300, Gas Gas 450, Rancher, Yamaha Warrior, ATC Big Red.

If you can't afford to fix it or replace it, don't ask to ride it!

I use simple green on my frame and engine when it gets really dirty it seems to do the trick pretty good. Then just wash the plastic with soap and water. Also on some of the other posts they say to use mop&glo to really make it shine but i havent tried that yet.
    400EX- Renthal Bars,MotionPro Twist Throttle,Pro Design Kill Switch,AC Mudscreen Frt Bmpr,AC Fullbody Skid,AC Swingarm Skid,AC Pro-Peg Nerf Bars,Steel braided brake lines,Denton steering stabilizer,Raptor EZ-Pull Cluth Lever,Maier Universal XC Handguards,White bros. E-series Pro-Meg Exhaust,K&N Air Filter w/outerwear,Works Shocks w/Shockwears,Wiseco 440 kit, Hotcam,Eichner series Edlbrock carb,Hinson clutch and basket,6 degree timing key,FST oilcooler,Oversized oil tank

I use WD40 on my header pipe and engine swing arm, but do not use it on your palstic!!!!
    07 Honda
    04 Honda

Timo Nielsen: CMRC ATV Intermediate class #99

i use greez-off on everything but the plastics.it is far better than mean green or simple green.it made my chain wax covered swingarm look new with no scrubbing.

i luckily own a powerful power washer, but i first scrub the main junk off with a brush (briefly) then i power was it. i have found that scrubbing before powerwashing cleans alot better! hope you shine your S.O.B. up (L.O.L.)

I use WD-40 like its goin out of style but that stuff sure smells when it burns!

I clean every thing with WD-40 except the plastic and wheels. I clean the wheels and plastic with Black Magic Foaming Tire Wet the kind in the aerosol can (sorry for my spelling) you have to wipe it off of the plastic but not the tires. Then right before i go riding i put a coat of WD-40 on the under side of the fenders to stop the mud from sticking. Oh and by the way I love the smell of WD-40 as it burns off of the exhaust system.

-Scott
    Last edited by 300exrider99; 08-05-2001 at 08:34 AM.

Lightbulb

THE ONLY STUFF I USE IS MEAN GREEN TO GET THE MUD OFF...I SWEAR BY THAT STUFFF... YOU CAN BUY A GALLON OF IT FOR $5 AT THE LOCAL DOLLAR STORE AND THE STUFF WORKS BETTER THAN ANYTHING IVE TRIED. THEN ONCE ITS OFFF I USE TURTLEWAX FORMULA 2001 ON THE PLASTIC JUST KEEP IT OFF THE SEAT!!!! I LEARNED THE HARDWAY...:devil
    Last edited by hetrick425ex; 08-05-2001 at 11:45 PM.

One word: Diesel

Question

Do you mean that you clean the engine and chassis with straight diesel fuel? Please explain. I could imagine how diesel could work well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast