Thread: 450MXR cutting out!!

Angry 450MXR cutting out!!

Need help with my outlaw!! while racing it has a tendency to cut out like someone is hitting the kill switch. Could it be the TPS ?? I disconnected the switch in the throttle assembly, and going to try it out yet. Was wondering to if you could disconnect the TPS all together, or does this machine need it?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Just cause you can sit on it, dosen't mean you can ride it.

The wires in the stock throttle have nothing to do with TPS. They are for a engine cut off for stuck throttle and will kill the engine if out of adjustment. Since I use a twist throttle I cut mine (I forget if it is a open or close circuit). When I first got my 525 IRS it would stall in tight slow corners. It was the jetting in the carburetor. The ideal circuit is very,very lean from the factory I added both larger pilot and air jets to mine problem gone. hope this helps
    SFC RET
    06 Outlaw
    07 540 Outlaw
    00 DS730

Also check you battery terminal. My 08 use to cut out and die but traced it to a loose battery terminal for some reason it would cause the bike to cut out.

i had the same issue happen to mine. It was the cable connects into the thumb throtle housing, there is a nut and a threated bolt that you can adjust and that fixed mine. no problems after.

i know the wires in the thumb throttle have nothing to do with the TPS, but was just wondering if you could cut the TPS out completely?? The carbs are the same as a Yamaha YFZ450 and KTM 450XC. I have friends that have both machine and there TPS is cut. I'm definatly going to try the jetting, and see what that does. Outlawbill what size pilot jet you running?? And the issue you where talking about is identical to mine!! Thanks!
    Just cause you can sit on it, dosen't mean you can ride it.

pilot 45 stock went to a 48 with a slow air jet stock 100 went to a 80(which is bigger) all so adjust the accelerator pump gap down so it will not dump to much gas.
    SFC RET
    06 Outlaw
    07 540 Outlaw
    00 DS730