Thread: Mysterious wire cutting???

Question Mysterious wire cutting???

I heard that on the KTM quads you could cut some wires or switch them and it unlocks some extra timing curve??? I'm not sure if i believe this or if it would work with the Outlaws, but would be nice if you could do it to the Outlaws!!
    Just cause you can sit on it, dosen't mean you can ride it.

Nope, the Outlaw and KTM share the engine only. Everything else from carbs to wiring is different.
    06 Predator TLD, Pro-Circuit T-4
    07 Outlaw 525 IRS, Muzzy's Ti
    Holeshot XCR's on all 8 corners.

Birdman is correct. Ktm has a different CDI that has a "HOT" mode. Polaris does NOT have that CDI in their outlaws.

well then the next logical question (though possibly previously asked) is can you put the KTM CDI on the Outlaw or is it even worth it? Which i assume it isn't since i don't see this in anyone's mod threads...sometimes i type just to hear myself talk...
    2008 Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS - FMF, EHS Lid, Pro Flo Designs/K&N intake, R&D power pump 2, Rekluse, Flexx Bars, Nerfs

2002 Polaris Scrambler 500+ 4x4, .020" over, Hi-comp Wiseco, Web Cam, FCR Carb, Pro-Circuit Exhaust

1997 KTM 300 MXC - the beast is getting a facelift & that's it!

First off, that would intail a new wire harness, and coil, and a lot of work. My understanding from tuners is that polaris's set up is more like the "HOT" set up(more advanced timing) from KTM, so you would not see any gain.

I gotcha -
    2008 Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS - FMF, EHS Lid, Pro Flo Designs/K&N intake, R&D power pump 2, Rekluse, Flexx Bars, Nerfs

2002 Polaris Scrambler 500+ 4x4, .020" over, Hi-comp Wiseco, Web Cam, FCR Carb, Pro-Circuit Exhaust

1997 KTM 300 MXC - the beast is getting a facelift & that's it!

OK. just figured id ask, see if anyone else heard something. I figured there probably wouldn't be anything.
    Just cause you can sit on it, dosen't mean you can ride it.