Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which oil do you prefer?

Which oil do you prefer?

I have a new Xtreme 125cc stock motor with aftermarket cooler and I wanted to see what people prefer for oil. I know this is a big debate and I'm trying not to get everyone stirred up. I've only used 20W50 Valvoline 4 stroke oil and the clutch is slipping already in 3rd and 4th (changed it 3 times already withing a week) . I generally use Rotella 15W40 on my 400EX and don't have any clutch slippage at all even with it being bored out and a Hotcams installed. I like the Rotella because you can get a gallon for $11 at Wally-world and sometimes less at the parts stores. I'm thinking of running that in the 125 but I've never tried it in anything other than my 400EX. Opinions on what is good as well as inexpensive?
    2002 Honda TRX416EX * 11:1 Wiseco piston * Stage 1 Hot Cam * Dual rate Stadium shocks rebuilt by Jet Suspension * Rebuilt Stadium rear rebuilt by GT Thunder w/ XC rear link * ATV Four Play Soft Bars II * White Brothers R4 exhaust * Uni filter w/ Outewears box cover * AC Pro Peg nerfs & bumper * Full custom aluminum skid plate * Gripper seat * CCP stabilizer *SPAL fan cooled * Hipers & GBC X-Rex on all 4 corners

2007 Xtreme Typhoon 125 (140 on deck)

Im running torqco 10-40 oil .....The oil in ours seems to get dirty really quick so change it often. Did you try adjusting your clutch?
    Also other people were running some diffrent (stiffer) clutch spring. I cant remember what they were called.....but i thik a few people here know.

I did try fine tuning the adjuster but it didn't make a difference other than being harder to shift into gear.
    2002 Honda TRX416EX * 11:1 Wiseco piston * Stage 1 Hot Cam * Dual rate Stadium shocks rebuilt by Jet Suspension * Rebuilt Stadium rear rebuilt by GT Thunder w/ XC rear link * ATV Four Play Soft Bars II * White Brothers R4 exhaust * Uni filter w/ Outewears box cover * AC Pro Peg nerfs & bumper * Full custom aluminum skid plate * Gripper seat * CCP stabilizer *SPAL fan cooled * Hipers & GBC X-Rex on all 4 corners

when you replaced your clutch did you replace the clutch springs also?

Try the Rotella. I use it in everything with great results.

I am currently using rotella 15-40 to break my fresh 440 in, will more then likely run it for my norm, after the first change. I have read that it is really good, at a really good price, on many different sites.. Also our engine guy that just did us a set short blocks 565 inch Big block chevys(for my boat) Also said that is what he uses.. So I am thinking it is good stuff...

John
    440ex PPE Stg II headwork, Kibblewhite springs, Crf timing chain, stgIII H cam, Wiseco 11-1, GTT studs, Cometic gaskets, 450 carb, Sparks cdi, Oversize oil tank, LSR +1 stem, LSR +2 arms, , dura-blue X-33 axle, Dura-blue hub/fade/carrier, TAG, Hinson clutch/basket, HMF full pipe, ITP, ASM, IMS, DID X ring, UNI, UM, MAIER, Pro Armor skids, Stainless bolts, brake lines, 450r shocks, Sidwinder, Tusk, Wave.. A lil sprocket work,

Originally posted by sand45
    when you replaced your clutch did you replace the clutch springs also?
    Motor is stock (other than a Uni filter) and a week old.

If you cant get it to adjust, try getting CR3 springs from your dealer. That clutch adjuster is a little tricky at first, you will have to play with it to figure it out.

Dealer isn't an option anymore for the springs so I'd have to find another source. What are/were you running for oil?

I ran Honda GN4 oil, give me a couple of days, and i can tear one of these stock motors apart, and take those springs out for you, unless you find them somewhere else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast