Thread: No Spark Plz Help!!

No Spark Plz Help!!

hey guys got a good one for you!
    So i was driving my 2008 polaris outlaw 525 irs and it suddenly stopped. got my cuzin to tow me waited 5 minutes it started again for ten seconds then stalled again. Pulled plug no spark to plug, also no spark to wire. Took a test light checked the coil for power and it has no power. Hook the test light end and put it on postive and found that the all 3 wires of the coil are ground(the two grounds and the one signal wire)
    Any ideas how to test the magneto, stator, cdi box???
    Anybody have a wiring diagram they can send me?

Same thing happened to mine. Mine had a pulser coil go bad. It is a magnetic pickup inside lefthand case.

and how much was it?
    How did u figure it out, what tests did you do?
    And what is involved in taking it apart?

Part in the 60 dollar range. used repair manual/ wiring diagram to diagnose. I'll post a description of how to test it tomorrow if you need me to. I dont think this part is a common failure....

I also had another incident where water got in the cdi box connector. Were you riding through a puddle or crossing stream???

possible i was riding on a semifrozen lake!
    That would be super appriciated if you could send me that info how to diagnose!
    Thank you so much Joe!!!

Something commonly overlooked is the throttle control wiring. If your running the stock throttle, check your cable slack first.

Easy way to get around this is just pull the conection out and try it.
    08 525 s