Thread: Gbc x rex tire size q?

Gbc x rex tire size q?

Just wondering, i have the x rex's & love them for racing xc. But the fronts are 21's but measure a bit under 20" & the rears are 20's & measure a bit under 19". Do all tires measure like this such as the holeshots & razr's? Just wondering if i should go with 23" f & 22" rear for the ruts. I figure those would measure out at just under 22" & 21" respectively. Thanks for the input!

Maxxis is usually spot on the holeshot gncc i know are about .5" short and the fronts about that much taller i know gbc has a short problem maybe a 22/22 set up
    02 Warrior
    Lonestar, Elka, Houser, Yoshimura, American Star Racing, Flexx
    04 Crf50

ohiomafiariders.com

I ran into size variances way too much when i was into my 4x4 lifted 29.5" tire phase. Some sizes are off well over an inch either way, i would call companies yourself and ask for an exact measurement but dont let on what size you want to hear, make them be honest about it. i know my GNCC's run short, front and rear.
    1999 400ex -- Sunday driver ----****SOLD****
    Wiseco 426. 11 :1, Hotcam Stage 2, Curtis Sparks X-6 full exhaust, Houser 450r Probounce nerfs. (black silvervein) Holeshot GNCC's on T-9 Itp baja, Maier carbon fiber plastics, Houser antivibe stem with Renthals/ODI Rouges, Lonestar doublerow carrier, 170 main no lid -- 50/50 turbo blue and 93. '07 450R shocks

2005 450R -- The Sleeper --
    Bumped up compression, stage 2 hotcam,hotrods bottom, Dasa full system, uni filter and jetted, stainless brake lines, rath nerfs and heels, quadtech hood, Fluidyne radiator, ported and polished, houser grabbar, Hinson'd out.

GBC tires are slightly smaller than usualy, about a 1/2 inch to an inch overall.

Id email gbc and see what they say.
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

It could simply be how a company measures. Top of tread, or actually OD of the carcass. Interco and itp i know always run short. forinstance a vampire edl is 28" advertised, It actually measures a hair under 27" but has 2" deep lugs. Any highlifter outlaw tire is dead nuts to the ad brand new around the tread blocks.
    1999 400ex -- Sunday driver ----****SOLD****
    Wiseco 426. 11 :1, Hotcam Stage 2, Curtis Sparks X-6 full exhaust, Houser 450r Probounce nerfs. (black silvervein) Holeshot GNCC's on T-9 Itp baja, Maier carbon fiber plastics, Houser antivibe stem with Renthals/ODI Rouges, Lonestar doublerow carrier, 170 main no lid -- 50/50 turbo blue and 93. '07 450R shocks

2005 450R -- The Sleeper --
    Bumped up compression, stage 2 hotcam,hotrods bottom, Dasa full system, uni filter and jetted, stainless brake lines, rath nerfs and heels, quadtech hood, Fluidyne radiator, ported and polished, houser grabbar, Hinson'd out.

I just measured them properly inflated & they are both 1" shorter than marked on the tire.

How old are the tires? The gbc website says they are actually bigger than 21"

http://www.gbcmotorsports.com/xrex-p-129.html
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

I got them from kgmotorcycles last february. I just emailed GBC about it. Hopefully they will respond quickly. I should of asked them at the heartland challenge...

i found a old worn out set of regular itp hole shots in my shed. they are 20's with maybe a quarter inch of tread left, and they are like a half inch taller than my rear 20 inch xrex's

Originally posted by d90rick
    I got them from kgmotorcycles last february. I just emailed GBC about it. Hopefully they will respond quickly. I should of asked them at the heartland challenge...
    same here. love the tire though so i cant complain
    XC 08 450r