Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LTR6 Has landed.

LTR6 Has landed.

Me and a mate are putting a Yzf600 engine in the LTR4r50. It is quite a way on now but here are some pictures to kick the thread off....

Pre conversion

I'll get more up as soom as I can, hope ya'll like.

looks good, but i think you will have to have the swinger installed to get the correct chain alinement. i luv this stuff. my hybird is almost ready for powder coating. keep up the good work.
    the only stupid question is the one not asked

2004 bored and stroked, hot cams, kibble white black diamond valves & springs, yfz carb (160mj, 48pj, 4th clip needle, 2 turns fuel screw) with honda 450r intake to head boot, 400ex boot carb to air box, fmf power bomb header w/ scorpion silencer, laegar long travel with fox evols, lonestar swinger with elka linkage and shock, fully gusseted frame, dyna tech fully programable ing., tach, 16oz lighter flywheel, pro armor nerfs, 2cc racing high flow air box

i like the frame jig. i bet that makes the build alot easier.
    If you can't modify it why have it???

Frame jig works well!! We have got the swinger on at the moment to align the sprockets. We have engine mounts made, rear sprocket made. Just got to fab the top rails, exhaust (twin Akrapovic cans)!!!

few more pics. Swinger on, sprockets aligned, lower rails done...

Should be evil!!!!!!!!

Anyone got any idea for uprating the brakes? Will wavey disks and good pads be enough???!!!

the stock fronts is probably your only option. but, for the rear i would try and put a bigger street bike caliper and rotor to help rein in all that extra weight.
    If you can't modify it why have it???

Might have to mock something up with the stock yzf brakes. hmmmmm

I'm doing more work on the quad later and I'll get more photo's and better quality ones!!!

Originally posted by jcs003
    the stock fronts is probably your only option. but, for the rear i would try and put a bigger street bike caliper and rotor to help rein in all that extra weight.
    A more powerful rear brake without a much stronger front would not be the hottest idea.

The rule is that about 75-85% of your braking power comes from the front because as you brake, all of the vehicle's weight transfers to the front end. An overly powerful rear brake will make the rear more likely to lock up and swap ends.

I would actually recommend larger diameter front wheels (and wider front tires, for that matter) and see about a larger diameter rotor and/or upgrading the front calipers.

That is, if this is going to be run on the street. If it's going to be just a dragster, then forget all this because it usually doesn't matter.
    Vagina

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast