Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wont start W/button untill warm. runs great once pulled

and this is the other side
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Predator 500 TLD: HPD big bore kit, HPD powermaxx exaust, ported & polished, Nicholas carb mod ,HPD cams, HPD tuned carb, open air intake, DRS rebuilt rear shock, IMS roll shifter , Tag metal handle bars, razr fronts and holeshot mx rear 19", JT high carbon 15t , stock 37 rear, moose pro mx rxp chain,

as you all said the valves were tight ... real tight .. after pulling out all shims i still couldent get the .06 feeler in . looks like im ordering valves .... my only concern is the pitting on the outside of the valve seat . do you think its going to cause a problem with seating a new valve ?
    Predator 500 TLD: HPD big bore kit, HPD powermaxx exaust, ported & polished, Nicholas carb mod ,HPD cams, HPD tuned carb, open air intake, DRS rebuilt rear shock, IMS roll shifter , Tag metal handle bars, razr fronts and holeshot mx rear 19", JT high carbon 15t , stock 37 rear, moose pro mx rxp chain,

Why did you pull the head? You can adjust the valves with the motor in the machine. If you pulled it since you know you need a valve job, that's alright though.
    2007 Outlaw 525
    2009 Sportsman 850

i pulled the head because the valves were way to tight without shims .. so the valves need to be replaced

"after pulling out all shims i still couldent get the .06 feeler in"

The engine needs to be at TDC on the compression stroke when checking/setting the valve lash. There is a T on the flywheel that you need to line up with the notch in the crank case in order to be there.
    "I WANNA GO FAST"

Originally posted by dcc1089
    Your clearances should be .006" intake and .010" exhaust.
    Correct

Originally posted by predatoradam
    As others have said, they should be "tight", but this simply means that they should have little valve lash: ideally, 0.06".
    Missing a zero

Originally posted by bchessel
    as you all said the valves were tight ... real tight .. after pulling out all shims i still couldent get the .06 feeler in .
    well the problem is its .006" not .06", you should never be able to get that .06" feeler in. Hopefully that makes a bit of a difference.
    '05 Polaris Predator 500 - HPD 558, hotcams, 40mm FCR, Rath Intake, Elka Elites, JD Adjustable uppers, et¢ et¢ et¢...$$$
    '03 Honda 400ex - uni filter and white brothers slip-on, timing key, ccp stabilizer...etc my backup buddy bike)

thanks ... but i ment .006 ... lol my mistake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12