Thread: Removing Choke?

Removing Choke?

I saw the post aobut this is the FAQ section. Im thinking aobut doing it and puting a 42 pilot jet in. Will it still start when it is 10 degress outside just buy pumping? thanks.
    ~ MHSC ~ Martin B.#713

~Thanks to all the 06 sponsors~ Elka Suspension, GT Thunder, IMS Products, Nacs Racing, JH Racing, Hiper Wheels

~Thanks to all the 05 sponsors~ Elka Suspension, Denton Racing, Nacs Racing, IMS Products

08 HD Sportster
    O4 450R
    00 Silvarado 1500 Z71
    RIP Colton Jenkins 1988-2005

At that temp. it is not unusual for the bike to start and stall several times till it stays running after the conversion.

It will start but you better have that sucka jetted perfect. It won't be easy i can tell ya that..it'll take several tries but it'll fire up,,i started minu up yesterday and I haven't rode the SOB in over 6 weeks and it took a few tries but once I got er goin,,no problems.

I took the choke out of my 300ex and put in a 42 pilot. Its been real cold up here in NH, around 20 degrees. Right now its 18. I started my quad on the first try yesterday morning, I just pumped the throttle a few times and it started, then it stalled, then i started it again and it kept idling till it warmed up.

It will take some juice but it will start just as easy as they normally do. 400s are cold blooded anyway.

i took my choke out and have a 42 pilot and mine starts pretty easy. just pump it 3 or 4 times and hit the starter and it's runin. sometimes i have to help it idle by giving it a little extra but it's not bad.
    **Red 00 Honda 400EX w/ Pro Circuit T-4 Slip-on w/modded stock headers, K&N filter w/outerwear, no choke, custom airbox lid, Stage 2 Dynojet 165MJ, and 42PJ, Maxxis Razr's on stock rims(fronts flipped), Herrmann Racing Bearing Carrier, polished air scoops, Renthal Bars, DID chain, Shockwears, black Ceet gripper seat cover, Moose CR clutch perch and lever, R&R Motorsports parking brake block off, DG swingarm skidpalate, homemade diamond-plate aluminum chassis skidplate, AC Nerf Bars, Nacs peg extenders, cut fenders. *Coming soon... a set of Holeshot 20x11x9 XCR's, and maybe an MSR Raptor clutch perch, and maybe a TrailTech speedometer.

When spring comes im thinking about dropping the pilot down to a 40? Then in summer just go back to stock (38). How does this sound?

Ok, alot of times in the winter here, evne thought its kansas, it gets relaly cold but most of the year i wont have to worry aobut it. Does it really help that much? thanks.
    ~ MHSC ~ Martin B.#713

~Thanks to all the 06 sponsors~ Elka Suspension, GT Thunder, IMS Products, Nacs Racing, JH Racing, Hiper Wheels

~Thanks to all the 05 sponsors~ Elka Suspension, Denton Racing, Nacs Racing, IMS Products

08 HD Sportster
    O4 450R
    00 Silvarado 1500 Z71
    RIP Colton Jenkins 1988-2005

just take it out and put a 42 in it, the choke is pretty big, it blocks a lot of air.

500TH POST!!!! YAY!
    **Red 00 Honda 400EX w/ Pro Circuit T-4 Slip-on w/modded stock headers, K&N filter w/outerwear, no choke, custom airbox lid, Stage 2 Dynojet 165MJ, and 42PJ, Maxxis Razr's on stock rims(fronts flipped), Herrmann Racing Bearing Carrier, polished air scoops, Renthal Bars, DID chain, Shockwears, black Ceet gripper seat cover, Moose CR clutch perch and lever, R&R Motorsports parking brake block off, DG swingarm skidpalate, homemade diamond-plate aluminum chassis skidplate, AC Nerf Bars, Nacs peg extenders, cut fenders. *Coming soon... a set of Holeshot 20x11x9 XCR's, and maybe an MSR Raptor clutch perch, and maybe a TrailTech speedometer.

i was thinkin about doin this to my 300ex but i wasent sure if it would offer any improvement. i know people say it does on the 400 but would it be worth it on a 300?? i was kinda wanting some info from ppl that have done it before.
    2002 Cannondale Cannibal 450
    2000 300ex
    1999 Recon