Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 GNCC Series - Round#2 - The General - ATV Live Race Coverage

A few more to get you pumped for the next round!

Couldnt resist.....I think we have a future racer right here!

Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Originally posted by Pappy
    Wow what a trip! I know i'm not alone stating that being back home is a relief

Thanks to Cody for doing the updates and coverage, and thanks for not burning down the house while me and yo momma was gone

The racing was pretty solid in Georgia, nice tight track, great close racing action! Look for a report on the event on the homepage shortly.

It was also great seeing everyone and chatting, wish there was always more time for that! Looking forward to Big Buck and Steele Creek as they are laid back venues so please stop by or grab me by the arm and say hey!

Tons of images from this round, sure missed having Cody there to add to what I got. For everyone that asked or messaged me, Cody is pretty wrapped up in school and has a few college courses that he cant miss due to lab work on fridays so he wont be making many rounds this season He has agreed to help where he can with race coverage and hopes to still get to race a few for fun.

Ya'll be safe and hope to see even more of you at the upcoming rounds!

Congrats Taylor, great race!

love that pic!
    05 450r full sys hmf lt elka front shock axis lt rear, janssen outlaw2 a-arms houser +1.25 swinger pro taper bars gpr stabalizer razr rears razer 2 fronts 4-1 offset douglas shamrocks prm bumper ac grab bar durablue axcaliber axle maier hood fst 500 big bore ims roll foot pegs houser linkage galfer breaklines powermad handguards asv clutch lever
    04 450r stock +revalved shocks ims fornt bumper orange maier plastic big gun douglas beadlocks holshot rear tires and maxis razr 2 fronts

Re: Question

Originally posted by mbteinert
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone please tell me who, if anyone, sponsors Mr. Benson?
    Are you referring to his VERY bad mouth and behavior at the finish line? For a man that has been GNCC racing for as long as he has one would think that he would take his emotions somewhere other that in fron of a lot of children and spectators. I wanted to punch him for being such an idiot and actually pushing Dudding when he was apologizing for RACING him too hard. I bet he wouldn't push someone closer to his size like that.

Re: Re: Question

Originally posted by Mooreboy3
    Are you referring to his VERY bad mouth and behavior at the finish line? For a man that has been GNCC racing for as long as he has one would think that he would take his emotions somewhere other that in fron of a lot of children and spectators. I wanted to punch him for being such an idiot and actually pushing Dudding when he was apologizing for RACING him too hard. I bet he wouldn't push someone closer to his size like that.
    racing to hard? is there such a thing?
    05 450r full sys hmf lt elka front shock axis lt rear, janssen outlaw2 a-arms houser +1.25 swinger pro taper bars gpr stabalizer razr rears razer 2 fronts 4-1 offset douglas shamrocks prm bumper ac grab bar durablue axcaliber axle maier hood fst 500 big bore ims roll foot pegs houser linkage galfer breaklines powermad handguards asv clutch lever
    04 450r stock +revalved shocks ims fornt bumper orange maier plastic big gun douglas beadlocks holshot rear tires and maxis razr 2 fronts

Re: Re: Re: Question

Originally posted by 300racer
    racing to hard? is there such a thing?
    Obviously to Micheal Benson there is such a thing. He must think he is some kind of Hawk, Ballance, or Penland and people get out of his way. Even those in his class.

Just wondering, do you think Benson should serve a penalty or receive a warning? I mean the behavoir was totally uncalled for. I wouldn't want my children to see that kind of behavoir at an event. Especially when the tone of GNCC racing is the "family atmosphere"
    Jack Armstrong #776
    Honda 450r
    GNCC and Koontz

Re: Re: Question

Originally posted by Mooreboy3
    Mickey Dunlap owner of Four Stroke Tech, I have sponsored Mike Benson for so many years now I couldn't even count them. I have known him before Four Stroke Tech was even in business over 22 years ago now. Mike told me yesterday about this and he feels bad about how he handled this. I have never seen him do anything like this before so it's not something that he has a rep. for. I have seen this kind of stuff happen in racing before as well as everyone of you have.Heck just look at Nascar racing every week,or SuperCross. Each driver or rider has his side of the story of what happen on the track and some where in the middle there
    is the truth. I don't know what happen because I wasn't there on the track and either was any of you. I do know Mike was ahead and he got taken out. If the rider behind can't control his quad maybe he shouldn't be racing. I do know from other riders that Dudding has a rep. for taking people out,but that's just here say. Bottom line is Mike's a good guy that acted bad this time,he's not going to lose his ride but he has been warned.If any of you think my warnings don't mean much,ask some of my old riders!I don't take things like this lightly so don't think I'm being slack with him.

?

Mr Dunlap, big fan of yours and I respect what you have done for racing. I have only been in this sport for a few years. But since when does Dudding have a rep for doing this? Him and Mr. Benson are 2 of the nicest people I've ever met at a race. Where could he have taken him out at on the track? Not trying to start an argument or anything. I honestly believe that the problem has probably been long resolved. Im simply just wondering?

Travis Moseley
    Travis Moseley

Re: ?

Originally posted by Travis Moseley
    Mr Dunlap, big fan of yours and I respect what you have done for racing. I have only been in this sport for a few years. But since when does Dudding have a rep for doing this? Him and Mr. Benson are 2 of the nicest people I've ever met at a race. Where could he have taken him out at on the track? Not trying to start an argument or anything. I honestly believe that the problem has probably been long resolved. Im simply just wondering?

Travis Moseley
    Well since yesterday I started getting calls from riders saying he has did this to them too.There are a lot of riders that think they can do it and just call it racing,Dudding knew he did something wrong this time and I think he will think twice about doing it again.If Benson had been holding him back like some riders do in the tight stuff,then a bump might be in order. This was more then a bump,but I welcome Dudding to come on and give his side so I don't put words in his mouth.

Re: Re: ?

Originally posted by Four Stroke Tec
    Well since yesterday I started getting calls from riders saying he has did this to them too.There are a lot of riders that think they can do it and just call it racing,Dudding knew he did something wrong this time and I think he will think twice about doing it again.If Benson had been holding him back like some riders do in the tight stuff,then a bump might be in order. This was more then a bump,but I welcome Dudding to come on and give his side so I don't put words in his mouth.
    Mr. Dunlap,
    I have even more respect for you now than I did before. I understand that emotions flair in racing. I have raced GNCC's for a while myself. I just simply thought that they could have gone SOMEWHERE else other than there where all the fans were standing trying to get a glimpse at their favorite riders. I love GNCC very much and hated to see the lady standing next to me tell her son that they were leaving and will never be back to another race. I fully trust that you have resolved this issue and I have nothing else to comment about the situation. Thank you for being a stand up man for everyone here.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast