Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: octane question

octane question

im getting my quad back from the shop on monday and im getting redy to fill up my gas tanks and looking for high octane gas for the 11:1 piston. i called my local airport to see what they have and its 100 low-lead i dont no if thats ok to mix like 2:1 with 93 or shoud i just go to the drag strip to get 110 what would be the best bet? the only problem is the drag strip is like 35 miles away, but thats just something ya have to deal with huh thanx
    JB crf450

buy vp red racing fuels
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

Well, I dont know the details of the gas....I just used to pump the AvGas (100LL) at an airport. One of my buddies had a built 350 small block (very high compression) that would not run on pump gas. I brought him 5 gallons of that AvGas, and it ran great. Just some FYI for ya....

Eric
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

i think ill just run av gas but, where do u guys git the vp racing fuel at?
    JB crf450

i know a guy who has 11:1 on a 400EX and he used 92 octane with octane boost and has had no problems
    Max
    2000 400EX
    FLY Billit Clutch Assembly, Black Pro Design Kill Switch, AC pro Peg Nerfs with Black Nets, AC Racing Mudscreen Bumper, LSR E-Brake Block Off, White Bro's Sintered Brake Pads, Razr Rear 4-Ply's, Talon 14 tooth, No Air-Box Lid, Pre-Filter, Spray Paint Lid Snorkle Block Off, Hetrick Full Racing Exhaust, No Choke, 165 Main, 45 Pilot, Lowered needle 1 clip(100 Ft Elevation)

My Site

talk to me on AOL IM: maxt 45

My dad and I have 2 drag cars and I know for a FACT that Airplane gas is not the same a Racing 110. The Airplane gas does not have any leade in it hardly and therefore is not good for any engine but an airplane. our local Drag Strip tried selling Airplane gas for Racing gas and it actually blew a couple of engine as well as almost ruining my dads engine. But anyway why pay $3.50 for Racing gas when it won't help the performance any at all. Just run Amaco White 93 octane in it and it will be perfectly all right. Amaco White supposedly has some kind of octane booster in it to help it and its also a lot cheaper than Racing gas.

I was at the Auto store and saw Vp stuff. It is some stuff you add to your gas is ths what you guys are refering as octane boost. Or do you buy special cas made by VP. Thanks
    05 450R All the good stuff...

I would really only run race gas if your motor is modded and it needs high octane, but if you do plan on running race fuel i ran phillips 66 b-32 blue in my 125 when i raced shifter karts. It seemed to run the hottest of them all. I would just stick to the 93 octane like a lot of other people run and its a lot cheaper!! .

Andrew
    Thunder Racing 2 stroke engine builders

2003 Suzuki Z400
    1999 Yamaha R6, Too many mods to list

ye ye, go too shell an thell hook you up with some race gas

Most speed shops carry c12 race gas. Most of them only
    sell it 5 gals. at a time, do to buying it in 55 gal. drums.
    Some shell stations sell it to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast