Thread: 92 honda 250x help

92 honda 250x help

i have a 92 honda 250x thats completly stock to my knowledge. i need to know what i should do to make it run better.

i was thinking about boring it out, but i want to know how much that would run in total cost.

any other ideas?

thanks

You could just put a 350x trike motor in it Its a beast with that motor in it. Totally different machine. 6 speed manual trans. Its faster than my roomates 400ex down low. He gets me up top though. Great woods machine. I actually might be selling mine soon. Im in Ohio also. From what I've seen the 350x motors run around $400 to $800 and I believe are 27 hp stock. I think the 250x is around 20 maybe less.
    -04 DVX 400, +2 FULL FLIGHT FRONT A-ARM, LTR450 front shocks, +1+3 G-force rear axle, +1.25 ATV Four Play rear swingarm, FMF T4 exhaust, K&N powerlid, Twin Air filter setup, K&N powerlid, 400ex air boot w/ custom airbox inlet, YFZ FCR39, HotCams stage 1, DRZe Kit, RevMax CDI, Pro Armour Tether, Pro Armour Nerf Bars, Maier Roost/Handguards, Armadillo swinger skid, Rear E-brake block off plate, Mod Quad Case Saver, Razr rear tires

-HYBRID 350X IN A 250X FRAME, trx250r rear swingarm and suspension, Lonestar 2+2 rear axle and 6 gears of fun. thinking about selling

-86 LT250r All stock, My piston shattered
    parting out if you need anything

-2001 Foreman 450ES

The home of the Cavaliers, Browns and Indians
    ahh, well theres plenty-o-mods for you! first off, boring is a slight power increase, but you really only need it if your engine is totally built. Big power is really from stroking. However stroking is very expensive. (stroking=using a crankshaft with longer than stock spec length so the piston travels up and down further). Also an easy way for power is to increase the compression ratio (high comp-piston) and port the head. stock 250x/300ex's are very restrictive. when you port, you make the intake and exhaust ports larger and smoother. very good modification and free if you do it yourself. and the last engine mod would be camshaft. when you get a higher lift camshaft, the 'lobes' are shaped at more of an oval (measured in degrees) and they open your valves at different times than stock. very very easy modification for quick power.

Along with those engine mods, you can always run a K&N high flow filter and match it with a performance muffler AND HEADER. the stock 250x header pipes are junk. but when putting on a filter and exhaust, you MUST jet your carburetor. that makes the fuel jet larger, hence more gas to the engine. more gas and air=power.

If you did all the above to your atv, it will take you a lot of green backs, (hundereds into thousands!!) but your new quad will be soo fast you'll think your on a Honda 250R
    ---1991 Honda trx250x SOLD April 2010
    White Maier fenders
    DG alloy series front+rear bumper
    DG Swing skidplate
    Factory FX gripper seat cover
    FLY Bars
    Silver bullet lights
    LED taillight
    AMS Pactrax 22-7-10's
    PureSport Bandit 20-10-9's
    ITP aluminum rims

Other vehicles at my pad-
    2001 Honda Recon, 2008 yz250f, 2003 trx90, klx125, kx110 (t.b.parts 140 big bore+white brothers full pipe) crf50, 2007 cbr919

hey thanks guys.

i wish everything wasnt so damn expensive. my grass cutting job doesnt pay all that much. plus its hard to cut grass with all this snow we got. lol