Thread: need help on a 300ex

need help on a 300ex

i have a 1997 300ex and it works great but when i first got it,it had a dg chrome power pipe and the rev limiter kicks in way to soon can any one help???

ive heard that i need to get it jetted
    zac

what size tires do you have? and what gearing are you running?
    Loud and proud! Friends don't let friends drive stock.
    1995 300ex Lrd exhaust, K&n air filter, drilled air box lid, holeshots all around, geared down. Jet kit. six pack rack, DG nerf bars. More to come...
    1987 250r...enough said...sold but will not be forgotten...

i think i have 20 by 10 by 9 i dont know what gearing im running
    zac

is it stock? tires and gearing?
    1995 300ex Lrd exhaust, K&n air filter, drilled air box lid, holeshots all around, geared down. Jet kit. six pack rack, DG nerf bars. More to come...

the tires are turf tamers and the gearing is stock
    zac

try playing iwth your gearing. put a 14th countershaft sprocket, (the one up front) Otherwise you can't stop the rev limiter from kicking in unless you get a black box which isnt the best idea in teh world. I would play around with gearing or tires if you have them to spare.

thanks i will try that i just hope it will work!!
    zac

if you come across a 350x cd box...grab it...it will give you 1500 more rpm's...all you have to do to get the 350 box working is....you will see a 2 wire plug in that plugs into the cdi....cut these 2 wires and switch them around..

These guys are right, if you're getting to the rev limiter sooner than you want, change the gearing or go to a taller tire (does the same thing as increasing the front sprocket). If you're not a moto-x guy, you could swap the turf tamers for a 20" or 22" rear tire and that should keep you off the rev limiter. Otherwise, try going up one tooth on the front sprocket. At $15, the front sprocket is a cheap fix for gearing probs.
    Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue.

The United States of America. We build better bombs. (Free delivery available upon request)

thanks guys i will try some of these!! i want to race some but i dont know where to go around here, if you have any places you know of in north carolina ,close to wilmington please tell me!!!!
    zac