Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another 02 rancher es problem

another 02 rancher es problem

when i shift using the buttons, i can hear the shift motor trying to shift but the shift does not actually happen. once the quad has been running a few minutes it shifts fine most of the time. its like the motor isnt moving far enough to engage the next gear. mostly happens going from nuetral to first or back to nuetral from first. i was thinking the shift motor was getting weak but after reading about angle sensor problems i am wondering if i should replace the sensor first. any thoughts or experience with this symptom???
    rancher es

i guess i'll figure it out.
    rancher es

Did you figure it out falcon

no, i havent spent anytime diagnosing the problem. i didnt want to take the quad apart on the chance i needed it. i use ot to plow the driveway. now that the snow is done i should have some time to get into it. probably gonna start with the angle sensor due to its low cost and ease of replacement.
    rancher es

i have to replace two of the sensors on the 02 and 06 model i have. Thats what ussaully takes car of the problem. the speed sensor will give you problems too if if wont go into reverse. you can try them and it will take care of your problem.
    06 yfz cam mod, carb mod, kicker setup, jd performance +3 arms, fox lt float evols, +4 lsr axle, protaper bars, hep battery box, oversize aluminum oil tank, laker plastics

05 450R itp ss rims, stage two hot cam, jetted, Yosh pipe, gtt link

05 450R, big bore, Duncan cam, full rossier pipe, +2 Houser arms,+2 houser antivibe stem, Pro taper bars, +2 G force axle

06 Rancher Stock

07 420 Rancher

07 Rubicon jetted, KN air filter,baffle removed,homemade front and rear bumpers. ITP rims and tires

Hello.
    My 02' Rancher is also beginning to have some shifting issues. Was this a common problem for this paricular year?

shifting problems

What kind of problems are you having?
    06 yfz cam mod, carb mod, kicker setup, jd performance +3 arms, fox lt float evols, +4 lsr axle, protaper bars, hep battery box, oversize aluminum oil tank, laker plastics

05 450R, big bore, Duncan cam, full rossier pipe, +2 Houser arms,+2 houser antivibe stem, Pro taper bars, +2 G force axle

06 Rancher Stock

07 420 Rancher

07 Rubicon jetted, KN air filter,baffle removed,homemade front and rear bumpers. ITP rims and tires

Hello-

Lately It has begun to randomly "lock Up" in a gear, so to get it "unstuck" I use the special Honda tool on the manual shifter to put it back in neutral, then all is well again.

problem

I havent ever had that problem yet. How many miles are on your bike?

06 Rancher Stock

07 420 Rancher

My atv has just a little over 6,300 Miles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast