Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BCS Built DS 450

Hybrid View

BCS Built DS 450

Just had my motor work done by BCS and got to ride this thing yesterday for the first time at a local indoor track. Wow!! What a differance that made!!! They ported the head,web cams, green injector, flashed the ecu to get rid of limp modes, race wire harness, hinson clutch basket, radiator mods, case saver, PC5 with auto tune, bored throtle body, rear shock mod, and some other small things.
    All of it was worth doing. If your looking at doing some mods to your DS talk to Jason @ BCS. They Have this thing figured out for sure. Always helpful and full of knowledge plus they stock parts for it so you dont have to wait long if you need something from Can-Am. Just wanted to say thanks to BCS for the great work!!!

I can attest to what he is saying is true. I had my kids at the track the same day he showed up with his Can Am. I immediately took notice because he was the only Can Am there and I have the same quad that ws down for the weekend.

All I can say is WOW! For his first run on the new motor, once the autotune PC5 kicked in, his motors power was phenomenal. He was riding with some very fast quads and I gotta say I am confident he had the strongest running machine on the track. He was faster than the pro rider that I saw there on his Honda.

Kudos to Jason for doing a great build and to you B. for not cutting any corners.

Talk soon, Craig

bcs performance does awesome work on any bike
    they also just got cody miller on there race team to race in the neatv-mx series
    if you live near new england thats the series to try very fun
    trx450r
    walsh +3 a arms
    walsh savior swingarm
    peps all around
    bcs performance motor
    rossier pipe
    spastic graphics
    quad tech hood
    fly bars
    ac bumper
    rath monster pegs
    and more
    http://bcsperformance.com
    http://bettencourts.com

Had my quad on the dyno yesterday. It made 51.3 hp and 36.6 ft/lbs of torque! Very happy with the build BCS did. Jason does not tell you anything that is not true just to make his shop look better. He told me it would be close to 52hp and it was. I have heard stories of guys having these Can-AMs built and told they were going to be 60 hp and be pissed to find out different. Thanks Jason and BCS for the honest work!!!

My motor is there as we speak... Ill post my results too as soon as its done!
    2008 Can Am DS450 being built

so how much does something like that cost?

about $600-$700

Ummm... a bit more than that it lists at like a $3k motor with everything done but your best bet is to call them for a quote!
    2008 Can Am DS450 being built

Thanks DS1026! I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help you with your engine mods.

I'm glad your motor is ripping!

Information for everyone.

We can easily get 60 H.P. out of a DS but reliability is definitely an issue. Those motors are great but will be need to be rebuilt quite often. The motor package that DS1026 has is a great engine package. The motor makes unreal torque and will last along time............. most likely a whole season if maintained well.

If anyone is interested in a quote, feel free to shoot us an email at info@bcsperformance.com
    www.bcsperformance.com
    413-736-2201

was obviously joking with the $600-$700 statement. I am happy he was able to get the kind of build he was looking for!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast