Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: motoworks slipon and rossier

motoworks slipon and rossier

i was wondering if anyone has dynoed the motoworks slipon that u get from the rider support and a rossier full exhaust and which one put out better numbers.
    Motorworks G2 Exhaust
    Rossier Intake
    BCS Porting
    Stock Frame Skid Plate
    Rath Bumper
    Rath Grabbar
    Rath Nerfs w/ Rear Nets
    Houser Long Travel A Arms
    Fox Float Evols
    Fox Podium
    DWT Rockout
    Goldspeeds Blue Lable SX
    Goldspeeds Blue Lable MXR
    DWT G2 Beadlock
    Adjustable Stock Axle
    Precision Steering Stabilizer
    BRP Louver Kit
    Fasst Flexx Bars

Sponsers: Other Guy Racing, Motoworks, Thede Photography, BCS Performance,Leatt, also wanted to say thanks to Warnert Racing they are a great bunch of guys

i thought I read somewhere that the rossier full had more power, but not by a lot.

I had a Rossier full system on my bike, took it off and put on a Motoworks slip-on. I think the Rossier may had have a little more bottom, but there wasn't much difference(noticeable while riding).
    Merrill Crose #12
    Can am ds 450, Walsh , fox racing, bcs performance, precision, rath racing, motoworks

The motoworks looks better, sounds better and it quieter. The full motoworks system is the way to go on that machine. they offer a really nice system for that particular unit.
    09 ktm 505sx . Sold
    09ktm 450sx Jb pro series arms, PEP PB1s , fmf 4.1/megabomb, Fuel customs intake.

2010 sponsors, ktm northamerica, fasst co, Fuel customs, Action motorsports, hinson, dwt racing, evs.

im more worried about performace and power gains looks and sound isnt much of an issure
    Motorworks G2 Exhaust
    Rossier Intake
    BCS Porting
    Stock Frame Skid Plate
    Rath Bumper
    Rath Grabbar
    Rath Nerfs w/ Rear Nets
    Houser Long Travel A Arms
    Fox Float Evols
    Fox Podium
    DWT Rockout
    Goldspeeds Blue Lable SX
    Goldspeeds Blue Lable MXR
    DWT G2 Beadlock
    Adjustable Stock Axle
    Precision Steering Stabilizer
    BRP Louver Kit
    Fasst Flexx Bars

Sponsers: Other Guy Racing, Motoworks, Thede Photography, BCS Performance,Leatt, also wanted to say thanks to Warnert Racing they are a great bunch of guys

Myself and another guy from this site are in the process of puting these two pipes to the same test. He had a build done by one very reputable builder and I had my motor built by a different very reputable builder. If you ask us, both of them were/are great people to deal with for different reasons. I guess you can say we both really trust and respect our builders. Overall, we had similar builds done. My builder has offered to do dyno tests on both of our quads using both the Rossier and Motoworks full systems and let the proof be in the pudding. Who in their right mind would turn down an opportunity like that? We will have some numbers for you within a week or two.

ive already posted graphs of motoworks full system vs. rossier full system. Rossier made more bottom and motoworks made more topend. Straight up see for yourself.

09 ktm 505sx . Sold
    09ktm 450sx Jb pro series arms, PEP PB1s , fmf 4.1/megabomb, Fuel customs intake.

2010 sponsors, ktm northamerica, fasst co, Fuel customs, Action motorsports, hinson, dwt racing, evs.

I appreciate your post and efforts LTR311. However, there are a LOT of variables that can and do go in to a dyno tune that can affect the outcome. For my friend and I the difference could be in the intakes, fuel tuner, clutch set-ups, air filter, and even how much chain lube you have on your chain, etc. Where one shines the other might fall off. Your tests with your exact motor set up worked for you. By the looks of your tests, if top end is what you are after, the motoworks looked to be the best. If the mid range was where you wanted your power, the Rossier looked to be the best. My friend weighs a lot less than me, so he may gain a lot more useable power by going with the pipe that makes the most power on top. Me on the otherhand need that bottom end and mid punch to get my fat *** rolling quicker. Just a little food for thought

Oh yeah...to answer the original question, the Motoworks slip on ALONE will not make more HP anywhere than the Rossier complete system.

Well I hope all goes well for you. Im guessing your results if tuned properly will yield SIMILAR results. All those variables you listed more than likely will only affect your overall numbers but the curves should look the same. I do know how much those factors you talk about play in to setups. I have 5 yrs of dyno tuning quads under my belt, and have a pretty good knowledge of how this dyno thing works.

Simple fact is rossier is loud and once you throw a quiet core into the mix its game over. The motoworks just plain out does it everywhere. And even without the quiet core the rossier feels no stronger when you ride it, anywhere. The motoworks just keeps pulling where the rossier falls off. Good luck and keep us posted with your findings. Ill be shocked if there different.
    09 ktm 505sx . Sold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast