Thread: 416 stroker kit (440)

416 stroker kit (440)

Has anybody heard of this. 416 with a 2mm stroker crank to = 440cc's. Is this a good idea or not. I see a one time someone was running this combo with a xr cam, think it was 11.1:1 piston also.
    2000 400ex

1996 300ex

2004 TRX 450R

2000 Red Dodge Ram sport

yea, i have heard of it and seen quads with this option, but why not just buy the 440 kit and stroke the 440? if you do that you'll get more power out of it.
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

I hear that the 440 big bore kit is good for power, but will shortin' the life of the motor. I know any bore kit will, but i'm hearing that the 416 is better kit. I also was think this sound like something different.
    2000 400ex

1996 300ex

2004 TRX 450R

2000 Red Dodge Ram sport

A 440 kit will shorten the life of the engine?? I had that same thought when I put mine in. After talking with serveral people and engine builders they assured me that it would not shorten the life of the bike as long as I keep up on the maintaince and kept things in working order. Such as the clutch, which I had to order a new clutch kit since it is starting to slip.
    I would think that the stroker kits would shorten the life of the engine, since it changes the rod angle.
    It all boils down to how you ride, if you are going to ride hard all the time and beat the bike, it doesn't matter what you do it will not last a long as someone that takes care of it. No matter what mods you have.
    Just my thoughts...
    2002 KTM 400 EXC, this bike is awsome!

Quads I use to own:
    FDO 463ex, Gas Gas 300, Gas Gas 450, Rancher, Yamaha Warrior, ATC Big Red.

If you can't afford to fix it or replace it, don't ask to ride it!

I want an 11:1 426 with lightened piston and rod, mid range cam, ported and polished, white bros pro meg sys. Heh, i need money and a car first
    Max
    2000 400EX
    FLY Billit Clutch Assembly, Black Pro Design Kill Switch, AC pro Peg Nerfs with Black Nets, AC Racing Mudscreen Bumper, LSR E-Brake Block Off, White Bro's Sintered Brake Pads, Razr Rear 4-Ply's, Talon 14 tooth, No Air-Box Lid, Pre-Filter, Spray Paint Lid Snorkle Block Off, Hetrick Full Racing Exhaust, No Choke, 165 Main, 45 Pilot, Lowered needle 1 clip(100 Ft Elevation)

My Site

talk to me on AOL IM: maxt 45

i don't think the 440 kit will hurt the engine. I saw in atv sport they did it and up graded the clutch and stuff and it was fine.

Actually, the longer rod with the stoker kit will decrease wear on the engine. Longer rods reduce sidewall load on the cylinder wall. This is very common in hot rod building. Take the Chevy 350 for example. It's stock rod length is 5.7", many guys will use a 6" rod with a raised wrist pin piston. You maintain your present cylinder volume but reduce friction.
    2013 KTM 300XC