Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: All kinds of 300EX info II

i think he is basically wanting step by step intructions on how to make it work.

that would be really helpful if some one had that ,, or atleast were to weld the bracket for the shock (dog bone) (linkage )

How about all the basic torque specs from a manual or someone's memory? I need the head and cylinder bolts. I have found teh head is like 29ft lbs, but I was thinking the cylinder bolts were a little less????
    99 416ex, sold, gone but never forgotten

02 gsxr 750 Jardine carbon fiber slip on, 1000 titanium header, steel front lines, k&n, 208 GPs, flush mounts

04 450r xc quad

Sponsors: C & P Racing(Morgantown, KY), Fun Valley Motors

somebody may want to double check these but I believe they are as follows.

cap nuts are 28ft/lbs

allen head is 18ft/ibs

jug bolts (two little ones on the side) 8ft/lbs (these you can strip so be carefull)

Hey Ryan, you need any parts for that rebuild? I know were there is two setting I could get cheap.

Originally posted by QuadOwner
    what are the stock rev limits on a 250x and 300ex?
    ???

Originally posted by dawg
    that would be really helpful if some one had that ,, or atleast were to weld the bracket for the shock (dog bone) (linkage )
    The best thing to do is tack the bracket in place so it can be removed if need be. I would make a few brackets at different lenghts or one with 3 sets of holes just for trial and error. It took me a few months to get mine just right. I ended up making my own linkage. I also made it adjustable so I could lower the back down with out lossing shock travel. I used a 400ex swing arm which is basicly the same setup except the messurements are different. On my setup I had to use a sprocket as a spacer on the rear to shift the sprocket over a 1/4" to get the front and rear sprockets to line up. The 400 rear is wider than a 300 so something has to move. Alot of people were shimmin g the swing arm over at the pivot bolt. But I think that would make one side stick out further than the other. and as far as the shock goes you will want a 250r atv shock. a 250r atc shock will work but the hose to the rezi is shorter and you are left with many opitons for mounting locations for the rezi. Before you start tearing apart you bike I would find someone with a 450 and take messurements of the linkage and how far away the tab on the frame is from the center of the pivot point. This should be a good starting point for you but you will still need to make adjustments to your mounting location as the 300's frame is designed differnet and the uper shock mount will not be in the same position / angle. and if you havent already done so you will need a 450 axle. I was able to sell my stock axle and bearing carrier on ebay, that basicly payed for everything. with the help of some free parts to. Let me know if you want some pics. but Like I said mine is a 400 swinger
    Truly, sir, in respect of a fine workman, I am but, as you would say, a cobbler.

mike kozuras old set up
    06 TRX300EX SOLD
    • HMF Full system pipe with red vector tip• DG Nerfs• oury gips• tag bars• dura blue spacers• blingstar ironcross bumper • 450r fat bar clamp• red powermadds with hand wrap• moose crf clutch lever• 07 red fenders• 135 main jet• kenda klaw tires front and rear• YFZ450 front calipers• quadtech seat

05 Trx450R
    •Fat Boy 4 Exhaust •K&N Air Filter •Laeger A-Arms •Nerfs

Wow, that is a nice setup, I never though about doing it that way. I welded my breacket to the frame so it wouldn't be legal to race but I just trail ride anyway, but that looks prety strong. and it's legal to race. There is another kid on here (born to ride) that has a bolt on bracket but I think it's aluminum.
    Truly, sir, in respect of a fine workman, I am but, as you would say, a cobbler.

Originally posted by QuadCobbler
    Wow, that is a nice setup, I never though about doing it that way. I welded my breacket to the frame so it wouldn't be legal to race but I just trail ride anyway, but that looks prety strong. and it's legal to race. There is another kid on here (born to ride) that has a bolt on bracket but I think it's aluminum.
    yes thats him. i think ill try make my own mount as i work in a fab shop also.
    06 TRX300EX SOLD
    • HMF Full system pipe with red vector tip• DG Nerfs• oury gips• tag bars• dura blue spacers• blingstar ironcross bumper • 450r fat bar clamp• red powermadds with hand wrap• moose crf clutch lever• 07 red fenders• 135 main jet• kenda klaw tires front and rear• YFZ450 front calipers• quadtech seat

05 Trx450R
    •Fat Boy 4 Exhaust •K&N Air Filter •Laeger A-Arms •Nerfs

Have you guys done a computability chart for 250x- 300ex motor parts? how about chassis etc parts to other machines? I am thinking many people could benefit from that. I would help but i personally dont own an ex. just have a couple friends thou.

also a chart for other models chassis parts etc.

btw tanks to the thread starter for all the work you put into this.
    go big or go home!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast