Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: All kinds of 300EX info II

all these questions have been answered by SET THE STAGE

If I install houser +3 longtravel a-arms on a 300ex what will the wheel base be? I am trying to keep it 50" or a little less!

+3 for a 300 will be under 50 inches. no worries. a lot of people run +2 400ex arms which leaves you almost at 50

What about 400ex +3 long travel?

well i think even on a 400ex, +3 would be about 51 or so. +2 400ex arms on a 300 is pretty wide. it's what i run and i've had it on it's side wheels maybe twice. no worries.

We recently purchased a 2005 Honda 300 EX, I dont get to take it out everyweekend and from time to time forget to put it on the charger, its really easy to bomb start, but was wondering if you can get an aftermarket pull start kit, or kick start kit?

there are no kits per se, but you can convert the 300ex into a kickstart. the 1987-1992 trx250x had the same engine but a smaller stroke and it was kickstart. you would just have to find a good bottom end and swap some parts over. sadly, this involves cracking the cases to be done properly because one shaft that holds a gear is absent in our newer bottom ends.
    Country Boy Can Survive

-97 F150-

400EX frame up build in the future.

many people ask how to install a aftermarket oil cooler. here is a pic of the hoses routed into the stock oil line. its pretty self explanitory.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Country Boy Can Survive

-97 F150-

you wouldnt happen to know the torque specs and sequence for the clutch cover would you? and any tips on installing a new clutch would be great to

thanks
    '04 yfz450 finally!

What class do you run with that 385 ex?
    Dylan Butler #227 Supermini 13-15,School Boy Jr. 13-15, School Boy Sr. 14-17
    Sponsors-
    Scott,O'Neal,DWT,ELKA Suspension, X-Treme Clean, WestBroad Honda House, Ultimate Cycles Suzuki and Kawasaki, Amsoil, Leatt, Creative Graffix, Gold Speed, Gaernae, Davis Machine, Zebos Motosports, Troy Lee Designs, Hinson Clutches, and many more,

2 race 300exs
    2 race ready z 400s
    a fuel injected one
    JB 150
    a woods kawi 400

Originally posted by Dylan227
    What class do you run with that 385 ex?
    u run it in the 300 class and shut ur mouth make it look like ur a really good rider
    06 TRX300EX SOLD
    • HMF Full system pipe with red vector tip• DG Nerfs• oury gips• tag bars• dura blue spacers• blingstar ironcross bumper • 450r fat bar clamp• red powermadds with hand wrap• moose crf clutch lever• 07 red fenders• 135 main jet• kenda klaw tires front and rear• YFZ450 front calipers• quadtech seat

05 Trx450R
    •Fat Boy 4 Exhaust •K&N Air Filter •Laeger A-Arms •Nerfs

oh and it was me who asked pappy to make this a sticky
    06 TRX300EX SOLD
    • HMF Full system pipe with red vector tip• DG Nerfs• oury gips• tag bars• dura blue spacers• blingstar ironcross bumper • 450r fat bar clamp• red powermadds with hand wrap• moose crf clutch lever• 07 red fenders• 135 main jet• kenda klaw tires front and rear• YFZ450 front calipers• quadtech seat

05 Trx450R

hmm I hope this kids runs a neatv race on nationals.I wanna see how bad that"385"ex is ima whoops up on his a** haha I hope atva finds out his size haha
    Dylan Butler #227 Supermini 13-15,School Boy Jr. 13-15, School Boy Sr. 14-17
    Sponsors-
    Scott,O'Neal,DWT,ELKA Suspension, X-Treme Clean, WestBroad Honda House, Ultimate Cycles Suzuki and Kawasaki, Amsoil, Leatt, Creative Graffix, Gold Speed, Gaernae, Davis Machine, Zebos Motosports, Troy Lee Designs, Hinson Clutches, and many more,

2 race 300exs
    2 race ready z 400s
    a fuel injected one
    JB 150
    a woods kawi 400

Originally posted by racer36
    you wouldnt happen to know the torque specs and sequence for the clutch cover would you? and any tips on installing a new clutch would be great to

thanks

as far as torque specs and sequence: get your case on just be very carefull that the gasket does not shift and start putting your bolts in. once all the bolts are in go over each one and snug them up DO NOT over torque these because the threads are aluminum and can and will strip. like i said just snug them with a ratchet. just dont make them super tight.

do you have any specific questions about installing a clutch so i can narrow in on what you need help with

dont be shy if you need more help
    Country Boy Can Survive

-97 F150-

i think this video will help to give people the idea of how to make the 250r swingarm linkage fit the 300ex.

06 TRX300EX SOLD

05 Trx450R

I got my clutch done now, but thanks for the help.

I just used a 1/4 inch drive socket so it wouldnt be as easy to over tighten them.

clutch works great so far, not really able to ride because of the dang snow
    '04 yfz450 finally!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast