Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: All kinds of 300EX info II

Originally posted by honda300EXtreme
    ok, here we go remember this all 300ex info, some corresponds to the 250x some doesn't.

stock valve lash =.004
    Stock jetting = 122 main , 120 main (high alttitude), 38 pilot, stock needle position - 3rd groove
    Wheel offsets - front = 4/144 rear =4/110
    Stock gearing = 13 / 38
    stock spark plug # - DR8ES-L

stock carb 32mm keihin with accelerator pump.

Ignition: CD with electronic advance
    (300ex CDI will not work on 250x)

Ground Clearance : 4.6 in. (stock)

Will 400ex a-arms work?
    yes, you will need a-arms, tie rods, and 400ex length shocks (16.25), and a shock relocator bracket, 400ex spindles are not neccessary but are an improvement with this set-up,and yes stock brakelines will stretch far enough.

will a 400ex steering stem work?
    yes, stops on bottom need cut off beacuse there 180* off, and the little washer about 3/4 will need removed, it is roughly 1'' longer

will a 400ex carb work?
    yes, i recomend it for engines that have atleast the basic mods, such as pipe. filter, ect.. stock boots will stretch, all you need to do is rejet, and i recomend a 42 pilot jet

Hardweld rockers are only necessary for a hard weld cam -
    EX. web cams. billet cams such as hot cams do not require hard weld rockers, they will actually cause damage to your cam

What is max. compression piston on 93 octane. - 11:1
    any thing over is pushing and detonation could result.

engine idle speed = 1,400 +/- 100 rpm
    stock pilot screw setting = 2 1/4 out from closed

engine compression with stock piston - 171 - 200 PSI

engine oil capacity -
    oil change only - 1.6 quarts
    oil and filter change - 1.7 quarts
    totally engine dissambly - 2.11 quarts

*if you run a oil cooler about 2 quarts even on basic oil and filter change*

Suspension
    Front: Independent double-wishbone with dual hydraulic shocks, 5-position spring-preload adjustability; 7.1 in. travel
    Rear: Swingarm with single shock, 5-position spring-preload adjustability; 7.9 in. travel

Fuel Capacity- 2.2 gallons, with a .5-gallon reserve

chain free play - 1 3/4 in. at most

heres a gearing calculator to show how variables such as rev-limit, tire size and gearing affect speed .Gearing calculator

here is the link from the tech section on how to rig your reverse set-up, used when you use a aftermarket clutch lever & perch or if you are just tired of hurting yourself when you try to engage revers Reverse bypass

quad clicks when start botton is engaged -
    its can usually be narrowed down to 2 things, assuming your battery has a proper charge, and it putting out correct voltage at (100% it should be reading about 13 volts)
    now, its either your solenoid, or contact brushes in your starter

Common Rear end Swaps:
    A 01 raptor rear shock will work but they are famous for blowing bladders on the 300ex. newer raptor shocks can be made to work. but because these shocks have a piggyback resivior the left tube that goes to the airbox will need to be cut out and the hole in the airbox will need to be sealed up.

a 450R swingarm will also work, how ever this set-up requires tabs to be welded or bolted to the frame to accept the linkage. You WILL have to use a 250R rear shock, linkage is up to you, the 250r or the 450r linkage will work, carrier and axle, and rear brakeline will also be needed. the swingarm is around 3 inches longer
    the 350x rear end will also work
    same as 250r
    more info will be added by me constantly,, don't be shy feel free to add anything you think would be useful

QUAD BOGS WHEN IN WATER?
    alot of times it is your carb vent tube. the one that hangs down behind the motor. the problem is this tube gets submerged, you can either trim the tube shorter, or put a T splittler on it and add a different length hose. other possibilites are an exposed wire.

Thanks for that gearing calculator man that is gonna help me alot with my 400ex!
    2007 400ex -
    Pro Circuit T-4 Slip-On, Pro Armour Nerfs, UNI Air Filter, K&N PowerLid, PowerMadd Handguards, 155 Main, 42 Pilot, YFZ450 Front Shocks, Shock Pros CDN Flag Front Shock Covers, Shaved Front Fenders, Moose MXR Rear Brake Rotor, NGK Spark Plug, 20" ITP Holeshot XCR's in Rear, ODI Rogue Lock-On Grips, ROX Billet Handguard Mounts, Factory FX Glass Grip Donuts, DG Sport Bumper, Pro-Taper SE ATV High Bend Handlebars, ROX Dash, DP Brake Pads, DG Baja Series Swing Arm Skid Plate

2001 300ex-
    FMF PowerCore 4, FMF Hi-Flow Headpipe, Kimpex 14T Front Sprocket, Kimpex 38T Rear Sprocket, All Balls Carrier Barrings , Kimpex Chain, Scott Grips, UNI Air Filter, Homemade Long/Wide Grab Bar, NHC Kevlar Rear Brake Pad, 22" Maxxis Razrs on Rear

'84 Suzuki lt125
    '07 Daymak 125 -Paid 80, sold 450
    '77 Kawisaki KM100 -Wiseco, JT, EK
    '07 Baja DR90
    '05 Ski-Doo GSX 600 HO SDI Lt.

Originally posted by 300exex
    does anyone know what the stock 2002 300 ex front and rear sprocket count is . ? and what is the best combo to make it take off fastest but still get go top speed .? thanks .
    Stock is 13/39, before I had any mods at all on my 300ex, I ran 14/38, I found that you gain alot of speed and I personally didn't feel any power difference at all.
    2007 400ex -
    Pro Circuit T-4 Slip-On, Pro Armour Nerfs, UNI Air Filter, K&N PowerLid, PowerMadd Handguards, 155 Main, 42 Pilot, YFZ450 Front Shocks, Shock Pros CDN Flag Front Shock Covers, Shaved Front Fenders, Moose MXR Rear Brake Rotor, NGK Spark Plug, 20" ITP Holeshot XCR's in Rear, ODI Rogue Lock-On Grips, ROX Billet Handguard Mounts, Factory FX Glass Grip Donuts, DG Sport Bumper, Pro-Taper SE ATV High Bend Handlebars, ROX Dash, DP Brake Pads, DG Baja Series Swing Arm Skid Plate

2001 300ex-
    FMF PowerCore 4, FMF Hi-Flow Headpipe, Kimpex 14T Front Sprocket, Kimpex 38T Rear Sprocket, All Balls Carrier Barrings , Kimpex Chain, Scott Grips, UNI Air Filter, Homemade Long/Wide Grab Bar, NHC Kevlar Rear Brake Pad, 22" Maxxis Razrs on Rear

'84 Suzuki lt125
    '07 Daymak 125 -Paid 80, sold 450
    '77 Kawisaki KM100 -Wiseco, JT, EK
    '07 Baja DR90
    '05 Ski-Doo GSX 600 HO SDI Lt.

450r swinger in 300

i am trying to put a 450r swinger with linkage in a 300ex. i made bracket to mount linkage to frame, but seems shock is binding have almost no movement at all?? Need some help
    Thanks to:God
    G- Force Powersports

250r swing arm

how hard would it be to put an atc or trx 250r swing arm and axle on a 1987 trx250x chassis. are the trx and atc 250r swing arms and axles different? would the stock brakes work? and if the 2 are differnt what one would be better in this case?
    1987 trx250x:
    atc 350x engine.
    all rest is stock.

atc250r:
    dg pipe
    fmf turbine core
    mild porting
    boysin reeds

1986 fl350r:
    water cooled head kit
    mild porting powerpros pipe
    vforce reeds and reed cage
    works shocks
    39mm sudko tm flat slide

will a 400ex swinger work on a 300? got a 330 just tryn to get a little info without spending another grand on an entire rear end set up

what will fit?

hey guys my names Travis I was wondering will a Honda 300 EX fit on my 1987 Suzuki lt230 frame?

How difficult is it to replace the drive shaft(front sprocket shaft) on a 07 300ex? What should it cost to have it done? Do they make a after market shaft that is better then stock? The splines have broken off where the front sprocket sits on the shaft. Any help or advise you can provide would greatly help. Thanks in advance.
    boomer

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456